The staccato of sub machine gun fire is soothing to my ears....................................

Aries 181

The staccato of sub machine gun fire is soothing to my ears....................................

IF they build the new LEO firing range across Amnicola hwy from lake junior, I will enjoy the summer evenings on my patio listening to various levels of simulated violence. Who knows, it just might entice me enough to dig something out from the bowels of my safe's and burn through some mags at the club.

Bill

RobN

Re: The staccato of sub machine gun fire is soothing to my ears....................................

Defending your property rights against those elected to "serve you" is very frustrating, and it is amazing the property rights issues that continue to surface in Hamilton County. I truly hate that the local residents are going to have to defend what is already theirs because of a short-sighted decision/plan made by various governmental agencies. This is a densely populated area with residents, soccer complexes, colleges, fisherman, etc..... surely there is a better location and/or the County can finally approve an indoor range/complex.

FishingwithRusty

Re: The staccato of sub machine gun fire is soothing to my ears....................................

while i appreciate the sound of gun fire for what it is and may even get a little excited by the sound of full auto, definitely wouldnt want to listen to it at home. brings back memories some good, some not so good.

digitalcb

Often used my M-26 machine gunner as my "Slack Man" and I always carried a couple of extra belts of 7.62 for him. Got some $6,000 hearing aids out of the deal!

Aries 181

RobN - 3/15/2021 1:23 PM

Defending your property rights against those elected to "serve you" is very frustrating, and it is amazing the property rights issues that continue to surface in Hamilton County. I truly hate that the local residents are going to have to defend what is already theirs because of a short-sighted decision/plan made by various governmental agencies. This is a densely populated area with residents, soccer complexes, colleges, fisherman, etc..... surely there is a better location and/or the County can finally approve an indoor range/complex.
Rest easy Rob, the county announced it will be an indoor facility and I'm sure it will be used by numerous local/regional departments for a fee to help off set the cost of this new complex. The condo owners across the river from the current range sure got an ear full last Saturday for a few hours. I hope someone picked up all that brass, PSC is paying $2.60+ a pound for shell brass.

Bill

FishingwithRusty

hey Bill, what chassis and caliber is that coyote pea shooter with the can on it? looks pretty spiffy ;) after looking at it more closely it may not be a can, may just be a heavy barrel

seeing that M60 brings back memories, i carried one of those for the first 9mos i was in the Army, in a light infantry unit, so literally carried it EVERYWHERE!!! ugh!!