Is my boat done for good?

jcodylew

Not ready to “bash” anyone just yet because I am waiting to see how white River marine handles this... but here are the facts... My 2019 Tracker 195 has some hull issues. On the transom there are 3 significant cracks in the splash well around where the motor mounts. Cracks big enough to put a finger nail in and 2 of them around 4” long... The boat is currently sitting at Island Cove and according to their manager this isn’t the 1st one they have seen do this. Currently we are waiting for the manufacturer to see if they want to “fix” it or not.... my question is how do you safely fix a cracked transom..... anyone had any dealings with this? In any case gonna be boatless for a bit and missing out on this great weather....

jcodylew

Im sure the manufacturer can do that, wonder if it will happen again

jcodylew

Rsimms I’m told it will be covered but it’s a matter of how / when they cover it. I’ve heard of “fixes” and also white River basically crediting the customer for a new boat purchase

Aries 181

Tell them you want a new hull and have them move everything to it. I'd be shocked if they did replace it though. Good luck dealing with them.

Bill

rsimms

jcodylew - 3/5/2021 2:37 PM

Rsimms I’m told it will be covered but it’s a matter of how / when they cover it. I’ve heard of “fixes” and also white River basically crediting the customer for a new boat purchase

Good luck! But I know it sucks to have to deal with, even if everything goes quick and smooth.