Pike's Taxidermy???

MooreEagle

Anyone have experience with Pike's? Anyone on here know these guys? I can't get them to return a phone call.

churly

He's done two deer for me and has a third now. I know he got slammed this year with mounts and is only taking by appointment. Maybe try reaching out to them on their facebook page if your on there.

MooreEagle

I had mine sent from the processor before Thanksgiving and have not been able to even get a confirmation that they even have my deer. By the way it was a 10 point deer of a lifetime so I am a little anxious about it. I'm not on Facebook so that's not an avenue to try to communicate with them.

churly

my advice for anyone who hunts and plans to have one mounted; learn to face cape your self, or at least cape up to the base of the skull. You should leave the processor with your rack and cape. You should deliver your rack and cape directly to the taxidermist. For one, you see what a busy deer processor looks like (the reason I wont use one for my meat). There are skins and horns everywhere. Your life time ten pointer doesnt carry the same value to a processor or the employees, so it wont get the care you would give it. Im picky about my taxidermy and I am picky how my deer's cape is stored so I do it myself. Im not trying to knock you or the processor, but thats just how I do it, so I know where my rack is. the bigger the rack, the more likely it is to get stollen as well. The larger the antlers the more they are worth. I'd be contacting the processor and the taxidermist, like blowing them up, if I had a lifetime rack that I didnt know where it was.

MooreEagle

Great point thanks for sharing. I totally agree. Due to family situations I HAD to take this on to a processor when I don't normally. I figured a Euro mount was simple enough and quick enough that anyone could do it.