Chester Frost ramp

jrhink

I’m wondering what you guys think about Chester Frost boat ramp? We are new to boating, but we’ve noticed large pot holes at top of ramp and holes in ramp down close to water. Do they normally do any maintenance during these winter months?

Don’t expect any improvements anytime soon. That ramp has continued to degrade and has had minimal repairs over the last 10-12 years that I lived here, close to the park. The entire recreational areas of CFP has really went down hill in that time frame. I’m not sure how the camp ground has faired, because I never go in there.

churly

The only improvements to the park have been in the camp grounds.

CHICKCREEKBOY

They need to slide another slab of concrete to the end to extend the ramp for low water. They wouldn't need to put up barricades anymore if they did. Fill in the pot holes too. We should send emails to the county parks and recreation department, I guess.

billyc

County mayor said takes act of god to get funding approved for ramp. Even if someone donated a million dollars to fix it they couldn't use it . only reason why camp ground gets improvement is because they charge specific fee to use it and that is why they can make improvements there. Makes absolutely no sense that it is this way.

finbully

The holes are at the bottom of the ramp because 90% of the users insist on power loading on to their trailers. Just need to glide on the bunks, get off your $$s and winch the boat the last few inches.

finbully

billyc - 1/8/2021 12:51 PM

County mayor said takes act of god to get funding approved for ramp. Even if someone donated a million dollars to fix it they couldn't use it . only reason why camp ground gets improvement is because they charge specific fee to use it and that is why they can make improvements there. Makes absolutely no sense that it is this way.

We have a pitiful County Mayor well beyond this particular issue.

Aries 181

Remember guys, fat coppinger made the statement a while back that he would like to take some of the national tournaments away from Dayton and hold them at CFP.

Bill

fischnrod

Aries 181 - 1/9/2021 4:04 AM

Remember guys, fat coppinger made the statement a while back that he would like to take some of the national tournaments away from Dayton and hold them at CFP.

Bill
Chattanooga/Hamilton County had their chance in the beginning and wanted no part of it

Aries 181

fischnrod - 1/9/2021 10:26 AM Chattanooga/Hamilton County had their chance in the beginning and wanted no part of it
Well Rod, you may not be old enough to remember, (yea right), but Chattanooga was king long before Dayton. If you guys want to watch a blast from the past video of the 86 classic on Chicky, click here. https://m.bassmaster.com/video/classic-xvi Check out the equipment used and pay attention to backgrounds to see if you recognize where the fish was caught.

A little over eight pounds a day gets you $50K. Amazing how much the weights have grown.

Bill