Center Hill Lake

muskyman

Hows the fishing at Center Hill ? How about the walleye bite there ? Anyone ever stay at the lake at hotels, or cabins ? Bass fishin any good ? Crappie ?

churly

Fishing is good and getting better since the lake has made it to full pool. If your hunting walleye the head waters around rock island state park are your best bet. They have cabins for rent right there close to ramp in the state park. Crappie can be found up and down the lake in any of the major creeks. There are cabins available near the dam at Edgar Evins state park. they have nice ramps and facities as well. another place to look up is the floating mill/ sligo area its mid lake and they off cabins as well. Its a really cool lake, I grew up fishing all over it and still get up there from time to time. But I have caught good walleye and crappie on that lake

gaspergou

Full pool?! At 427, you'll drop off the end of the ramp in the park trying to launch. The county ramp a mile or so down the lake is an option. Last few times I've gone there's been a fair number of people and mighty few walleye. There's certainly way better walleye fisheries elsewhere in the state (and closer to home!). The lower part of the lake fishes pretty well for smallmouth this time of year, but if you're going to drive that far why not just hit Dale instead...

churly

gaspergou - 1/6/2021 12:16 PM

Full pool?! At 427, you'll drop off the end of the ramp in the park trying to launch. The county ramp a mile or so down the lake is an option. Last few times I've gone there's been a fair number of people and mighty few walleye. There's certainly way better walleye fisheries elsewhere in the state (and closer to home!). The lower part of the lake fishes pretty well for smallmouth this time of year, but if you're going to drive that far why not just hit Dale instead...

I was referring to the fact that the repairs to the Dam being done and the corps allowing the lake to come back to full pull durring the summer months. Its gonna help the fishery a whole lot. Fishing was great this spring and summer up there.