Certified Mercury Shop

Ok so my 2017 Pro XS 225 seems to be starving for fuel. Was out yesterday and it ran great from Harrison Bay up to Eldridge slew and then back to Thatch road slew. When I tried to crank up and head back to HBSP the engine would not stay running unless I pumped the throttle excessively. I did manage to get going but lost about 4-6 MPH top end. When I got to the no wake area at HBSP and went to idle speed the engine shut down and I was not able to get it going again. I did change the fuel filter this summer and also the squeeze bulb is firm. Thoughts and if its not something obvious where is the best place around the Chattanooga area to take it. I do have the 5 yr full warranty..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I highly recommend Bunch Marine in Harriman
It's a little bit of a drive but I have been using them for years
They are a quality shop owned & run by good people

865 376-7727

Well I ran it over to Fish N Fun and they found the issue in the parking lot!!! It was the fuel rail pump diaphragm. He took the cowling off and you could see fuel residue on on the part underneath the pump with the issue. When we tried to start the engine fuel mist was coming out of the hole in the little rail pump which is not supposed to happen.. Should be a quick and easy fix!

VolsFan24

That’s awesome! Tom is great over there at Fish n Fun! He’s taken care of me on more than one occasion.

Tom just called said I am good to go, even got Merc to cover the repair even though I am just past the 3yr factory warranty, though I do have the 5 yr platinum. Said he checked compression and all pressures and everything is good to go!! Talk about a quick turn around.!! Now to Truck and Trailer to get the brakes looked at!!

churly

Tom is a great mechanic