You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

propeller vent plugs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Boats, Motors, Trailering, Q & A or Discussion

Posted by fischnrod
10/7/2020 9:53 AM
Where do you buy propeller vent plugs for tempest plus prop
Posted by Fshn Cpa
10/7/2020 10:38 AM
Performance Propeller 423-842-7767
Posted by Smalliefan2
10/7/2020 10:42 AM
Performance Propeller in Soddy.
Posted by Oldman
10/7/2020 11:08 AM
or dans
Posted by FishingwithRusty
10/7/2020 12:53 PM
i ordered some on amazon
Posted by fischnrod
10/7/2020 7:21 PM
Do they come as a set or what ? I've never had to deal with them.
Posted by TightlineT
10/7/2020 8:10 PM
Ok, so I'm the idiot. I have no idea what you are talking about, but probably something I need to know about with my prop. Thanks for any advice.....Jim
Posted by danrnsmyth
10/7/2020 8:45 PM
They are the plastic plugs that go in the holes in front of each blade on some props. The larger the hole in the plastic plugs the more exhaust it will vent over the surface of the blade and allow the motor to build rpm faster . But the ventilation can increase prop slip at higher speeds so my understanding is the larger holes allow a better hole shot and may affect top end speed somewhat and the smaller holes may help top end but have a slight slow down on the holeshot.,,but there may be more to it than what little i know.
Posted by fischnrod
10/7/2020 10:54 PM
danrnsmyth - 10/7/2020 9:45 PM

They are the plastic plugs that go in the holes in front of each blade on some props. The larger the hole in the plastic plugs the more exhaust it will vent over the surface of the blade and allow the motor to build rpm faster . But the ventilation can increase prop slip at higher speeds so my understanding is the larger holes allow a better hole shot and may affect top end speed somewhat and the smaller holes may help top end but have a slight slow down on the holeshot.,,but there may be more to it than what little i know.

Well that's a start, I know more about it than I did.

I've had them in props on some boats but never had to fool with them, I guess somebody already had them set up the way they needed to be so I'm trying to learn in case I do need to change them when that time comes

Edited by fischnrod 10/7/2020 10:57 PM
Posted by FishingwithRusty
10/8/2020 8:25 AM
danrnsmyth - 10/7/2020 9:45 PM

thats pretty much my understanding of their function/operation as well. ive been amazed over the years how much difference a single ovs plug can make in the performance of a boat/motor
Posted by danrnsmyth
10/8/2020 7:12 PM
so have I rusty and the older I get I find a good midrange cruise seems to suit me more than top end
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
October 2020
SMTWTFS
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: Tony Hill Fishing

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2020 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software