You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Punching rod suggestions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Specialty Forums Product & Service Reviews

Posted by TightlineT
9/6/2020 10:05 AM
Thinking about getting a punching rod for the grass. Looking at reviews, a lot of folks seem to like the IROD genesis II Bub's punch rod rated heavy with mod. fast tip. Seems like a lot of people like one that is heavier than this and there is no one close to here that has one that I can look at. Anyone have any experience with this one or do you have any recommendations on another brand? Sportsmans has a powell punch rod and a Dobyns fury flip punch that seems ok, but I'm just not sure. I'd like to stay under $150. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.....Jim
Posted by jcodylew
9/6/2020 5:29 PM
Hey Jim I've been using the 7'6" Extra Heavy G-Force rod from quantum. not a huge quantum fan but since Swindle left them Tackle Warehouse is GIVING these rods away at 69.99... might be worth a look into it if they have any left.
Posted by TightlineT
9/6/2020 6:26 PM
I'll take a look at them for sure. Main thing for me I think is that it is balanced good and don't totally wear me out to fish it. Thanks for the response.
Posted by jcodylew
9/6/2020 9:00 PM
To be such a heavy powered rod it fishes well in my opinion. I don’t care much for the guides on the rod (I’m a Fuji guy) but for punching it does fine for me. Take a gander at em TW is also doin 15% off site wide for Labor Day
Posted by FishingwithRusty
9/8/2020 9:26 AM
here ya go:
http://taipanrods.com/store.html#!/76-PUNCH/p/74627018/category=214...

not the cheapest but worth the money!! if you catch up with me you can check mine out
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
September 2020
SMTWTFS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13» 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30      

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo
White bass Upper G

"White bass Upper G"
Album: BILL DANTZ

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2020 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software