Battery setup

FishingwithRusty

pretty happy with my current set up:

the lithium and charging system i got from Danny at Stealth1, took about 250lbs out of the boat

for cranking im running 2 1000cca cranking batteries from batteries+ in parallel

N2Ratfishing

Duracell AGM's have proven to be the best I've run...especially given the price.

I have a 115 4S and two HDS7's so the group 27 is plenty for starting. I run a 80 pound Ultrex and have yet to go through the group 31's in a day.

churly

Ive got the lithium trolling batteries in my boat and I am very impressed. Stay the heck away from the Interstate trolling batteries!

Mudman

If budget won’t allow lithium sams has Duracell as 2 Rat has said. Had mine 4 yrs and I’m thrilled with them. About $169 for AGM

jg1456

I've been looking at the Dakota Lithium batteries. They have a single 36 volt battery with a charger for $1500. Just curious how long it will hold up in heavy current or windy conditions? They have a 36 volt setup that's 3-12 volt batteries, but its $2400. Anyone running either one of these?

FishingwithRusty

jg1456 - 8/13/2020 9:24 AM

I've been looking at the Dakota Lithium batteries. They have a single 36 volt battery with a charger for $1500. Just curious how long it will hold up in heavy current or windy conditions? They have a 36 volt setup that's 3-12 volt batteries, but its $2400. Anyone running either on of these?

im not running Dakota but am running a single 40ah 36v lithium that has showed no signs of letting up under heavy use but i also have an charge on the run system so it gets charged while i run. i think the single 36v battery is the better option for lithium unless you were going to go to two 36v lithium in parallel(which many of the pros do). the biggest test for my lithium will be this fall when i start fishing grass mats, ive found that to be far more taxing on trolling motor batteries than current or wind.

Justfishin

I have had the x2 for 2 years now. The are great the other battery’s would not run everything all day when I started running a 16 and a 12 units. The x2 I have not had any problem.