2021 Deer Season

Rob Lee

I received my "Tennessee Wildlife Calendar" from TWRA a day or so ago. It includes hunting dates for 2020 & 2021. I think these calendars are sent to "Sportsman License" holders. In any event, I have been hunting since the early 1970's. As a far as I can recall, opening Archery has always been the last Saturday in September; Muzzleloader the 1st or 2nd Saturday in November and the biggest weekend of the year, Big Gun the Saturday before Thanksgiving.

According to the calendar provided by our "TWRA" opening Archery remains unchanged and does open September 25, 2021, the last Saturday of the month. However, opening Muzzleloader 2021 will occur on MONDAY November 8th and Big Gun will open on SUNDAY November 21. Are you kidding me? Why would they do this? It really doesn't matter that much to me since I am retired. However, for you guys that are working they (TWRA) have essentially eliminated the "opening weekend" hunt opportunities for muzzleloader and gun.

For those of you that have these calendars I wish you would review and tell me I'm missing something. Many thanks.

Justfishin

I looked it up on line and it’s like it is every year. All opening days were on Saturday. Sounds like you go a miss printed calendar or something I haven’t looked at my calendar yet.

Rob Lee

Justfishin - 7/1/2020 4:28 AM

I looked it up on line and it’s like it is every year. All opening days were on Saturday. Sounds like you go a miss printed calendar or something I haven’t looked at my calendar yet.

Just to be clear, deer season that’s starts in 2021. No changes noted for season starting 2020. Several friends in Knoxville got same calendar. Thanks