Is there a huge tourney on chick next week?

How big and does anyone know the dates? Tried looking it up without success. Thank You. May have to go to plan B if there is indeed a 200 boat tourney next week.

FishingwithRusty

yep, flw tour. practice starts saturday, tournament starts tuesday

jdw2920

What is the tournament is it the flw
Pros? The high school tournament will be out of Dayton this next weekend as well. Flw fishing from
Dayton?

silvertalon

It is a FLW/MLF Super Tournament. It is where 40 MLF pro's join up with the FLW Tour. From what I read, FLW has suspended HS and College events because of the Pandemic. IMO, every other HS and College should follow suit. Anyway, looks like it's time to transplant thousands of fish up river again!

churly

There’s a night CBA next weekend as well so we will bring a few hundred back down.

BryanS

silvertalon - 6/20/2020 5:07 PM Anyway, looks like it's time to transplant thousands of fish up river again!
</p>

This is a problem. It is a problem of conservation.</p>

Mayor Louallan and Mr. Tumlin have proven that Largemouth Bass can create economic success. Their efforts have created the results we all see, but at this point, I am questioning... Is "FISH DAYTON" just takingor are they attempting to GIVE back in <u>TERMS OF CONSERVATION</u>? OR more sharply... Is "FISH DAYTON" a slogan of JUST taking from nature and turning it into "money" (debt notes)?</p>

As a local competitive fisherman (for fun), I am with tournament fishing, but I am strongly sided with conservation/live release, unless you plan to eat the fish you catch.</p>

My question: Is "FISH DAYTON" like the Archer Daniels Midland of Chickamauga BASS CONSERVATION?</p>

(I grew up by an ADM plant)... Profit from the area around you, but stinking up the air and polluting the water... as an analogy to using the Largemouth Bass as the product for$profit$, but then just dumping the results in Richland Creek?</p>

Is there a Live Release Boat that is associated with these "large" bass tournaments?</p>

If not, I have experienced first hand (and in my opinion) one of the best BASS conservation efforts in the US... Lake Havasu, AZ -- that created multitudes of new habitat and required live release boats for large tournaments held on the lake. (fairly well documented events in the 90's and beyond)</p>

SO, instead of "DUMPING WASTE", we can help Mother Nature speed of the process of re-balancing the lake by using live release boats to redistribute tournament fish throughout the lake, especially in areas where BASS habitat is plentiful.</p>

While Dayton is profiting from the very large tournaments, I believe it will create a deficit for the local bass fisherman in other areas of the lake, because of the <u>IMBALANCE OF LARGE TOURNAMENT fish release</u>.</p>

Do these large "FISH DAYTON" tournaments have a live release boat requirement?</p>

If so, what is their current operation for redistribution to help re-balance the BASS fishing population that will help ALL bass fisherman?</p>

And then the CBA would fairly ask... what is "large tournament"? Well, when you starting bringing the rest of the USA to join CBA and have hotels built, tax revenue benefit statements from CBA events, live video coverage, etc., then it is probably getting "large".</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

BryanS

<div>To follow-up my rant about conservation (maintaining the health of the lake), here is some data to help put it perspective:</div><div>
</div><div>In the month of May 2019, 4537 fish were weighed in at Dayton by 3 major tournaments. That is equivalent of about <u>900 boats releasing a 5 fish limit</u>.</div><div>
</div><div>If they are all released in the back of Richland Creek, I can't see that being healthy for the lake.</div><div>
</div><div>May 2019 - FLW Pro Tour (4 day)</div><div>May 2019 - Big Bass Tour (3 day)</div><div>May 2019 - Bassmaster Eastern Open (3 day)</div><div>
</div><div>FLW Pro 4-day (164 boats)= 1726 fish</div><div>Big Bass Tour (3-day) = 412 fish (2042 pounds) AVG 4.95 pound per fish</div><div>Bassmaster Eastern Open 3-Day (219 boats + CoAnglers): 1646 + 753 = 2399 fish</div><div>
</div><div>Here are some other large Dayton tournaments:</div><div>
</div><div>Carhart College National Championship 3 days (116 boats) = 886 fish</div><div>FLW Costa Series (193 boats + Coanglers) = 1055 + 635 = 1690 fish</div><div>Mar 2020 - BFL Choo Choo 1-Day (177 boats) = 357 fish</div><div>2018 Big Bass Splash (2-day) 297 fish (1311.25 pounds) AVG 4.41 pound per fish</div><div>
</div><div>Here is an article from Richard Simms about the Tournament Takeover:</div><div>
</div><div>https://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoors/bass-tournament-takeover</div><div>
</div><div>Again, I am not for stopping or limiting the industrial sized tournaments, but I hope there is plan and process for live release that goes well beyond just dumping them into the back of the creek.</div><div></div>

FishingwithRusty

FLW does use live release boats but dont know that it is a requirement by Dayton for other tournaments

silvertalon

FLW and BASS use live release boats and they dump most of the fish out on the main river. Don't know how far they go to disperse them. Most if not all College and HS and local events release all the fish in the back of Richland Cr. Most fish migrate out. The big events take place at Dayton because Chattanooga is "Anti Tournament". They'd rather support 'Iron Man' events because it brings big bucks to local merchants leaving the door open for Rhea Co to win the bid for the event. The big tournament orgs like to fish Chickamauga because it is a famous trophy bass fishery and will draw thousands of online viewers who will support their advertisers. And here comes the cash flow! They will continue to do this until the resource is depleted then, they will go to the next hottest lake. From what I read on FLW articles, at this event there will be no audience or expo open to the public due to Covid 19. I don't see how this could be a profitable event for Rhea Co. There have not been a lot of tournaments this year in light of the virus. I don't think this one will put a huge dent in our fishery but I still cringe at hauling thousands of fish up river in the summer.