HDS 9 gen 3 blue blob

bassinbrian

My boat icon on my gps on my bow has a blue blob around it and leaves a long wide blue trail as my boats moving. What can I do to fix this? My mapping isn’t as good on my front gps as the console. Both have navionics chips but don’t show the same quality map when switched on. Any suggestions?

churly

Go to menu, under overlay, turn off structure over lay.

silvertalon

bassinbrian - 6/4/2020 11:09 PM

My boat icon on my gps on my bow has a blue blob around it and leaves a long wide blue trail as my boats moving. What can I do to fix this? My mapping isn’t as good on my front gps as the console. Both have navionics chips but don’t show the same quality map when switched on. Any suggestions?
re; mapping difference.

You should only need 1 Nav chip and wire both units to a NEMA 200 starter kit with a point one antenna. Both units will share mapping and waypoints. Of course you'll have to go in to your settings to coordinate the units so they will recognize each other and the antenna. If you don't wire it this way the units will be using their internal antenna's which are not as accurate as the point one. The new Carbon and HDS Live units don't require NEMA connections as they connect via Bluetooth .