How were the ramps and crowds on the Chick this weekend?

I imagine it was nuts. Headed over the Parksville Sunday and no problems @ 5:30 but already a nut house by noon emoSmile Was by Wolftever Sat and for the first time I saw 5 or 6 trailers parked beside 58. Almost the same on Sunday. Tis the season and I guess coming out of quarantine, everyone is heading to the lake.

Lx545

I went out Saturday. It was tolerable from 6:30am to about 10am. After that it was too much for me.

pinsandfins

I put in at Harrison Bay Saturday at 12:30 and luckily found one parking spot where someone had just left. When I took out around 6:00, every single truck that was not parked in an actual spot or grass received a ticket from the rangers. It was at least 30 trucks. Just FYI for everyone. I guess they’re more relaxed about it at Wolftever.

Lx545 - 5/4/2020 11:41 AM

I went out Saturday. It was tolerable from 6:30am to about 10am. After that it was too much for me.

Pretty much my pattern as well when things warm up. On the lake early and off early. I stink at night fishing on those early mornings though. Maybe I’ll pick it up this year.

jighead

In my opinion all of the good publicity about our lake is doing more harm than good even without the pleasure boaters there are at least two or three boats in every flat and on every point on any given day.

ByrdDawg

Chester Frost will be packed this Saturday May 9. North Ga High School Anglers will be fishing Safe light until 2:00. We normally have around 100 boats our #'s may be down because of the chaos of the pandemic.

FishingwithRusty

sunday afternoon wasnt very enjoyable, between the wind and the boat wakes it was like a washtub, then had to dash off the lake before the storm

I fished in a tournament at Lake Weiss Saturday and by noon it was a zoo. Weiss normally is not that crowded, but I have never seen that many boats on that lake if not on 4th of July, Memorial Day or Labor Day. It was crazy out there. I can only imagine how bad Chick was Saturday.

ChooChooSnakeMan

I put in on Saturday morning at Hwy 58 and Sunday at 12:30 pm at HBSP. Saturday morning before daylight wasn't terrible on Hwy 58 but taking out around 3:00 pm was I believe the worst I've ever experienced. People running everywhere, going the wrong direction on the ramp and in the parking lots. Anyone fishing the Chick needs to allow for a lot of time to launch and retrieve, especially going in. I know a lot of it is the spring prime time but I also think there is an element of everyone is tired of staying in. Maybe my imagination but it seems there are more pleasure boaters, families, jet skis, cruisers out earlier this year than I ever remember. HBSP is a place I will try to avoid for a while. Sunday was no parking, wait in line to launch, wait in line to take out, thoughtless or at least ignorant people who don't even know to pull up into the parking lot to get their boat wiped down and secured. I just don't get that, how anyone who waited in line to launch or take out, who knows people are waiting could then either back down the ramp and then just start getting ready to launch or pull out and stop on the ramp and take their time to get everything, and I do mean everything ready for the ride back home!

Does anyone know TVA's plans to open the ramp at the Dam? I don't think it is open and I haven't heard any plans. Same for Shellmound on the Nick. If you know please share.

Captain Hazmat

Boat sales are thru the roof. I think a lot of people are choosing to spend time on the lake this year instead of going on vacation. It should be a wild summer on ole lake chickamauga. I dont think I have ever saw the numbers of boats on the lake this time of year.

FirstLight

I have never seen CFP as busy as it was Saturday. I know it is the busiest ramp in our area at any given time; but it was insane. Daughter and I were out running around and I thought id drive by some area ramps just to see the madness, and they were all busy. But CFP was the worst. the line to takeout/put in was wrapped all the way around past the weigh in building near the entrance off Hixson Pike. Trailers were going to park in the last parking lot past the beach and picnic areas. That was just what I could see passing by without going down in there. No telling what was going on at the boat ramp. I bet frustrations and tensions were HIGH....

churly

Guntersville was busier than normal but i was able to find my own water. dreading getting back on Chick really. If this keeps up, Ill sale my ranger and buy a river boat.