Braid wrapping on rod

I have never been a big user of braid line but I decided to give it a try now I have encountered a problem. Several times I have had the line to rap around the end of the rod and it cost me a pretty good bass the other day. The line doesn't seem to have much memory that would cause it to warp so I wonder if any of you have had this problem with braid line or know what I can do to fix it.

jhold

I have never had my braid wrap on my rod I've done it myself thru being careless don't know what to tell you.

Spray some line treatment on the braid, it is static that causes this most times. You can also take a fabric softner sheet from the laundry and then throw one long cast, then reel the line in while holding that sheet around the line, it will take care of it for the day. I always spray my braid reels with Line Magic before going fishing for this reason.

FishingwithRusty

using a spiral wrapped rod like: http://www.taipanrods.com/index.html

will pretty much fix this problem, i wont use braid on a traditional rod for this reason. on a spiral wrapped rod the tip is pointed down so the braid doest have anything to catch on.