Boat ramps limited hours!!!!

Ok so get this the ramp at HBSP is now closing at 6pm nightly!! I just dont get it, people have lost their minds!! I understand the need to be safe but come on.. Just put up a sign that says no large crowds.. Unbelievable.. I swear if their is a way to ruin a soup sandwich leave it to the bureaucrats to figure out how to do it!!!

jg1456

YEAH, I HAVEN'T QUITE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT MYSELF. THERE WILL BE "LESS" PEOPLE THERE AFTER 6 P.M. YOU WOULD THINK? THEY HAVE ALREADY CUT OUT TOURNAMENTS, SO WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE THERE? POOR GUY CANT EVEN GO FOR A EVENING FISHING TRIP AFTER WORK NOW! SMH!

Aries 181

The whole park is closing at 6pm, not just the ramp. I'll bet that includes Wolftever too as it is part of the park. CFP will be next, I'm sure.

Bill

I had heard rumor about wolftever but paid it no mind. Just thought it sounded a little odd but I guess not. Do they plan to sit there and monitor it? Or are they blocking it off?

I say we all call our state representatives, senators and the State parks department and voice our displeasure. I simply want to know what is the justification?? I mean if you dont want crowds then simply have a sign that says no tournaments and no crowds larger than 10 people. This is so over reacting.. I mean more people will end up dead from the flu this year than the corona!!! Typical bureaucratic BS to me like these people could not pour water from a bucket with the directions on the bottom.

cmiller

Last I saw when people go out fishing on a boat they don’t have more than ten people on a Nitro. So what difference does it make to have any restrictions about getting on the water? Especially about the time of day or night. Looks to me it’s the best time to go is at night because there is already less people at that time.

JohnnyG

Seems to me they may end up bottle necking fishermen to a few ramps which will actually put more people together/closer.

finbully

jg1456 - 3/27/2020 3:04 PM

YEAH, I HAVEN'T QUITE FIGURED THAT ONE OUT MYSELF. THERE WILL BE "LESS" PEOPLE THERE AFTER 6 P.M. YOU WOULD THINK? THEY HAVE ALREADY CUT OUT TOURNAMENTS, SO WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE THERE? POOR GUY CANT EVEN GO FOR A EVENING FISHING TRIP AFTER WORK NOW! SMH!

Your CAPS are on.

elwestb

HB is open from 7am until 6pm. You can't go into the park after 6pm but if you are in before 6 pm you can get back out. You are not locked in.

Aries 181

It was a cluster....at both ramps this morning when I went to buy propane. Am I ever glad I can fish during the week. I've had the best crappie slough in Wolftever mostly to my self all last week. emoLaugh

Bill

Aries 181 - 3/28/2020 4:47 PM

It was a cluster....at both ramps this morning when I went to buy propane. Am I ever glad I can fish during the week. I've had the best crappie slough in Wolftever mostly to my self all last week. emoLaugh

Bill
that sounds awesome LOL