Hog Farmer

copyman

Anybody use the Spunk Shad on a chatterbait? Wondering which size to use....

stratos21xl

They work fantastic on a chatterbait...I use both the 3.5 and the 4.5 depending on what chatterbait I am throwing. Also use a Yamamoto Zako or a Lake Fork Shad as a trailer. Another really neat trick you can do that catches fish is take a boot-tail swimbait like a Keitech and trim the tail down into almost a square, totally changes the action of the trailer.

jimwarden

Yes, they work really well on the chatter bait. I use the 4.5” They are very soft and have plenty of action. They work really well on scrounger type baits as well. And even on a Ned Rig.

jbh3

You can view some underwater video of the trailer on a chatterbait over on Tactical Bassin'. It's a very interesting bait. Matt just did a good video on this very combo.

copyman

jbh3 - 2/29/2020 3:28 PM

You can view some underwater video of the trailer on a chatterbait over on Tactical Bassin'. It's a very interesting bait. Matt just did a good video on this very combo.

Yeah, saw this yesterday. He only had the 5.5 rigged up and wondered how the 4.5 looked and works

churly

Both sizes of the spunk shad work great. The smaller is better for a chatterbait, spinner bait trailer. The larger is the go to for a scrounged head. We absolutely crushed some fish last summer using the shad colors on a big scrounger head.

copyman

I ordered several different colors in the 3.5, 4.5, and 5.5. Kinda low on stock on tackle warehouse. But I'll have enough to try them out.

churly

Hog farmer tackle is made and packaged in Soddy Daisy. They have a store front and a website if you tackle warehouse is low on stock.