Motor Guide Xi5 Pinpoint - Opinions?

JoeFD

I am replacing the trolling motor on my boat and think i am going to go with the Motor Guide Xi5 Pinpoint GPS 45" 80lb thrust

I was just curious what your thoughts about this motor are? Its a big investment and just want to make sure i fully checked it out before pulling the trigger.

I have a 21' Nitro with an 82lb Motorguide on it now. I wanted to go with the 105lb, but don't want to have to upgrade to the 36V system...I'm already stretching the limit with the motor and the accessories need.

Let me know your thoughts on the motor and if you have had any notable problems with it. The main one i could see happening is the wireless pedal...any problems there?

dtw2

Cabela's have them on sale in the bargain cave

JoeFD

Thanks! Unfortunately the one i am looking at is not included in the sale.

Anyone know why the longer shaft motors are cheaper? I was going with the 45" What do you all run on your boats?

I have used one of these motors for the last three years. I will buy another if this one goes. I don't like the foot pedal because it is just to quick for me. Motorguide could have improved the pedal by now, I don't know. I never use it anymore, just the remote. I like the anchor and the ability to adjust your boat forward, backward and to either side in five foot increments. For me there was a learning curve because there are so many things that you can do with it. My motor does have some quirks, if I am near a bank that has a lot of trees or a high bluff it will have a tendency to pull away from the bank because I believe it has lost one of the satellites signals. My boat is a 17 foot Trition and I am using the 24 volt 80 lb. motor with the 45 inch shaft. The 80 pound thrust is just about right for me, don't know if it would be enough for your boat. Hope this is some help to you.

gwofford

I have had on for awhile it runs well
But I tried to set it up with a nema network and to my Lowrance units and it doesn't seem to want to act right had to replace it stopped responding had to replace the gate way which was a nightmare just to find out that was the problem now it doesn't read the transducer so I am frustrated with it may not be a motor issue but I don't know I guess to cut it short if doing this set up have it profesionally by someone !
But motor runs fine just doesn't network well

djsmarinelectronics

Motorguide just announced the return of the Tour Pro models, might want to check them out.........

ByrdDawg

It is a good unit. I agree the foot pedal needs work but the remote is great. I use the auto pilot to mark and fish my favorite spots.