You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

NMEA network waypoint sharing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Sonar, GPS and Marine Electronics

Posted by JoeFD
2/4/2020 1:38 PM
I am finalizing the network in my boat and have a question about map cards. I am looking to be able to share the way points from one unit to another. I have a navionics card in the unit at the dash...Do i need to have a navionics card in the bow unit too or can i use a Cmap card or preloaded charts?
Posted by JoeFD
2/4/2020 1:40 PM
Units are Lowrance Elite TI if that helps
Posted by finbully
2/5/2020 11:35 AM
Should just need to select waypoint sharing within the units' set up. First need to make sure the units "see" each other. Lots of videos and resources online and in the operators manual. Can also call Lowrance support.
Posted by djsmarinelectronics
2/5/2020 8:16 PM
Sharing way points and map cards are not synonymous. The Elite TI series will not share maps, you will need a map card for each unit. The Elite TI2 with wireless networking will share maps with the latest software updates. The first generation Elite TI needs a NMEA 2000 connection to share waypoints. I don't remember if the "7" series has this capability; if it does there will be a second, smaller black port on the back in addition to the transducer and power ports. You will then need a Network starter kit to network the two together.

Give me a call if you are still confused.
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
February 2020
SMTWTFS
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9» 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo
Anna Marie 3-11-09 8lbs 1oz.

"Anna Marie 3-11-09 8lbs 1oz."
Album: Hagen

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2020 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software