NMEA network waypoint sharing

JoeFD

I am finalizing the network in my boat and have a question about map cards. I am looking to be able to share the way points from one unit to another. I have a navionics card in the unit at the dash...Do i need to have a navionics card in the bow unit too or can i use a Cmap card or preloaded charts?

finbully

Should just need to select waypoint sharing within the units' set up. First need to make sure the units "see" each other. Lots of videos and resources online and in the operators manual. Can also call Lowrance support.

djsmarinelectronics

Sharing way points and map cards are not synonymous. The Elite TI series will not share maps, you will need a map card for each unit. The Elite TI2 with wireless networking will share maps with the latest software updates. The first generation Elite TI needs a NMEA 2000 connection to share waypoints. I don't remember if the "7" series has this capability; if it does there will be a second, smaller black port on the back in addition to the transducer and power ports. You will then need a Network starter kit to network the two together.

Give me a call if you are still confused.