Humminbird helix vs Garmin Echomap

MJonesin

So Humminbird you have to buy the lakemap card and Garmin Echomap series comes with maps preloaded. They both seem really nice, but this is new for me so looking for opinions on both please. What are some of the pros and cons for both?

Javelin33

I’ve never used the Garmin maps, but I don’t know how anything could be more detailed and accurate than the Lakemaster chips.

bummer

I own a Garmin, use it strictly for panoptix. For maps, traditional sonar, side, and down I would pick humminbird.

Gator

I have a Helix 10 with the Lakemaster chip. It’s great! Never had a Garmin unit.

MJonesin

Well I was looking at the helix 5 si just price wise with a lake card. But, I might be able to get a Garmin 93 or 94 sv, ( cant remember which model exactly) for just a bit more money.. so deal wise I was leaning towards the garmin just because its bigger screen size. Although I have no clue where it would sit yet

djsmarinelectronics

Take note that the Garmin number sets the maps it is loaded with, 93 is generally loaded with Lake maps and the 94 is generally loaded with offshore coastal maps. Same goes with any model, 6, 7 or 9 The "3" model is Lakevu and the "4" models are offshore

FishingwithRusty

cant speak for the garmin but have nothing but good to say about the HB units and lakemaster mapping. user friendly and easy to navigate.