Cabelas

xpress19

January 12 2020 Johnny Morris decided to close Cabelas In Ringgold. It was a great store until he bought it. Goodbye to some great people.

lafae7

I was hoping they would atleast of had a closing sell. I could use the discounted help on lures and stuff.

JoeFD

All of the releases i have read this morning state that it is effective Monday, but without a date. Does anyone know if that is referring to today or next monday?

Rob Lee

Your right, Cabela’s was a good store. I rarely find what I need at BPS. I hope the new Dick’s will be a better store for the Outdoorsman. I buy the majority of my fishing stuff from Tackle Warehouse.

churly

Dick's WILL NOT be a good option. They are in the process of getting of the hunting / shooting sports. The fishing department has always been a joke. Cabelas was done for the minute Johnny Morris bought it. I used to love the Cabelas brand and the lifetime warranty. Now the"cabelas" branded stuff is made much cheaper and does not carry the same warranty. Same thing he is doing to the bass boat industry.

Lx545

I agree with churly. And you know good and well the vast majority of those folks will lose their jobs within 6 months or less. The pr would be too bad to just close the doors. Hopefully Im wrong though.

Rob Lee

When I first moved to Ooltewah in 2006 Dick’s had a decent supply of hunting stuff. Fishing was hit or miss. I wrote Dick’s and expressed my displeasure... after all they sponsored the Super Bowl of fishing yet little or nothing in store for the fisherman. It obviously fell on deaf ears.

Thomn8r

Dick’s never had much in Knoxville in the way of hunting or fishing in my opinion. My interest dropped when they moved the hunting/firearms away from Knoxville. Then their ceo decided gun owners weren’t going to be part of their marketing plan and got rid of their inventory of AR types then dropped firearms altogether. I don’t even look in their direction anymore. Screw ‘em!

Mudman

Dicks in chatt was selling all there guns at 20% off just before Christmas and the guy at counter said they would not be having any more when they move to new location. Can’t think of any reason I would ever go to new store then.

wjhfish

This is a great time to take advantage of your local bait shops. I do buy several things from local stores but I also buy from BPS especially when the price can be so much cheaper at BPS.

Fshn Cpa

no big loss. My experiences there were less than stellar. They had soft sided tackle bags on sale. When I went there the guy laughed and said they only had a couple of those and they were gone, then walked away. Another time they had boots on sale. I went and they guys in the boot dept. knew nothing about it. Last time I went.

fischnrod

Tight_Lines - 1/15/2020 12:39 PM

is the east ridge cabelas still open?? though i usually prefer academy or Sportsmans warehouse for most of my fishing gear

NO, I was by there today and they are closed for good at that store

Blue76

I was looking at the guidewear Rain gear last week and BPS had the same Cabela’s guidewear 20 bucks less than Cabela’s. Go figure.

Ryno 615

I noticed they were cheaper at BPS as well haha. I did snag a Guidewear jacket on markdown for $187, it was the red colored jacket. Kept waiting on the bibs to go on markdown but of course never did.

finbully

Sad but true it's the American corporate way, whenever possible, buy your competition, make the best aspects of them your own, to keep prices up. Cabela's in Sydney, NB was the main distribution headquarters for Cabela's which BPS has closed. It devastated that community - you can find articles about that online.