Flourocarbon leaders...

Tight_Lines

just curious, but why are Flourocarbon leaders used on the end of braid.. ive tried it a few times but got tired of retying new leaders every time. is it line shyness? line abrasion??? just wondering.. thanks in advance..

lafae7

It’s used because of how expensive fluorocarbon is to braid. Some other reasons are because it sinks well and it’s invisibility.

It's what Lafae said. From another perspective, you get the stealthiness of fluoro and the performance of braid (no stretch, quick hooksets, abrasion resistance). This helps a lot in finesse, light bite situations.

JoeFD

2nd the above comments. I like it for the lack of visibility, plus it creates versatility in the rig. You can run 15 lb main line on the reel, fish straight braid, or add the leader and adjust all the way down to 4lbs for finesse if you want to.

Tight_Lines

Joe FD (and all others...) TRUE TRUE!!! I like the comment of adjusting down to super light line.. maybe for crappie fishing on my light weight rig. soo all in a nutshelll... kinda same idea as Fly fishing??? :) :) :) thanks all for comments and education!
good fishing and tight lines to all!!