I accidently double oiled my Mercury 200 efi.

KYRick

I had to remove the oil pump on my Mercury due to malfunction. On my first tank I accidently double oiled when adding my oil. emoBang
What do I need to do other than drain the tank? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JMO, but If you drain the tank, I would think that would be fine. May run a little rich for a few minutes but that would be about it I believe.

BulletTJ

It will run with double oil. It will just smoke more than usual. Just go fishing. Run about a 1/4 of the tank out and fill back up with gas. Then just add oil when you add gas. I would not worry about having too much oil. Not enough oil is a bigger problem. JMHO

catch 1

I have a 225 efi. I thought I had a problem with the oiler so I added oil to the gas. It ended up fouling 2 plugs and ran like crap. I would drain at least half the tank if not all.

camaro88z

Run it. If it fowls a plug or 2 it's not a big deal. But most in likely it will not. Like the other guy said. Run about a 1/4 of it out refill tank. Then after that go back to normal. Besides when was last time you changed the plugs if it has been awhile I would change after next couple trips anyway.

fishnboy

Ok I always double oil if I can afford it. Change plugs once a year and I've never had a problem with mosquitoes

fishnboy

Ok I always double oil if I can afford it. Change plugs once a year and I've never had a problem with mosquitoes

wrechin2

1 time will not hurt it but don't make a habit of it. The additional oil can accelerate the carbon build up and cause the rings to seize in the ring lands causing excessive cylinder leakage. On 2 strokes they have locator pins that prevent the rings from rotating to prevent the end gap catching a port. In a 4 stroke the rings actually rotate keeping some of this carbon worn off. Here is an example of what this does as this was an engine that had 70% leakage due to the top ring was completely coked and was seize.</p>

https://www.chattanoogafishingforum.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28345&posts=22&mid=218854&highlight=xr2&highlightmode=1&action=search</p>