You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Split Rings & Snaps
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by JohnnyG
10/21/2019 6:08 PM
I know a lot of people, including myself, who has tied on a snap to make switching out crankbaits faster. However, I was watching a pro fish on YouTube and when he showed the crankbait he was using up close it showed he had removed the split ring from the bait and had the snap attached directly to the lip. Has anyone else done this? Am I missing something that effects the bait’s action?
Posted by FishingwithRusty
10/22/2019 9:25 AM
i have known some guys to replace/remove spilt rings on deep diving crankbaits claiming they were able to get the baits to dive deeper by doing so. i have not seen or witnessed it so i cant say. personally dont use clips on anything i dont have to, i dont feel they are as secure as my knots and it really doesnt take me that long to tie on another cb if i decide to change.
Posted by jman60
10/23/2019 7:43 AM
A lot of people remove the snap ring and tie non slip loop knots. They say it gives the bait better action. I do it but can't tell you that it actually helps.
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
November 2019
SMTWTFS
          1 2
3» 4 5 6 7 8 9
10» 11 12 13 14 15 16
17» 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Nov 17 Chatt Crappie Club TX #7

Advertiser

Random Photo
September CBA weighed a 7.86 pound largie Dad caught.

"September CBA weighed a 7.86 pound largie Dad caught."
Album: Fishing fun with the Hayes's

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2019 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software