The closing of Carters lake due to lack of funding

lafae7

Has anyone else been bothered by this. It has been very upsetting to see them put up gates already blocking boat ramp/camping access. I know a lot of people are upset about this and wanted to throw this out here. I just can’t believe the army core of engineers would use the excuse of lack of funding. They literally have never repair, modify, or replace anything in the lake as far as I can see. Maybe I’m looking at the lack of funding wrong. Idk. I go to many of the docks regularly. I also pay for access every time I go camping or fishing. I believe poor management skills on there part has led to this not the lack of funding. What do you guys say? I am interested to hear good or bad.

VolsFan24

SERIOUSLY?! I went camping there last weekend (recommendation from you, thank you VERY much for that) with my wife for our 10 year wedding anniversary. First time ever being there and the wife and I were already talking about going back with the kids. I was thinking of going there more often to catch some stripers and spots. I absolutely loved it. The scenery is beautiful and there was fish busting all over the place by our campsite. What a shame.

FishingwithRusty

the water is a PUBLIC resource not sure how they can restrict access. might try reaching out to USFWS and FERC.

crappiefan

Carters Lake is operated by Corp of Engineers. They have closed it before in the winter months due to funding. They will close all gates & access to ramps.

hammer89

According to the Corps Facebook page they are only closing Woodring Branch ramp unless they get volunteers to help with clean up and maintenance. Sad to see folks including myself that pay for annual parking passes and then they close ramps due to under funding.