Sliding Trolling Motor Mount

chloe1990

A few weeks ago, I asked you guys about trolling motors. It was good to hear everyone's advice. I ended up with a Terrova. It was a great deal, couldn't pass it up (but I did consider the Ultrex). NOW, I have another question. I'm going to try and avoid the "frustrations" I had with my old trolling motor. I had problems with the motor overhang and my trailer (never fit right). I also hit it on the dock multiple times (maybe that's why I needed a new one - HA). I did a beach launch ONCE and that was not fun with the overhang! I was looking into a mount that slides (idea suggested by a friend). Has anyone heard of or ever used ShuttleSlide or SlideMaxx or other similiar products? The idea is pretty good, but I'd like to get some feedback before I buy. I would like to move the motor in about 8 or 9 inches, so ShuttleSlide has a model that does that and a lifetime warranty. If you have one, is it easy to use? Any thoughts?

jpdavidm

Have you tried You Tubing to see how they look or install I'm not sure about what you are wanting to invest.

djsmarinelectronics

chloe1990 - 10/3/2019 12:37 PM

Does DJs Marine Electronics sell these products? It would be nice to buy local and see the product.

Hey Chloe1990, first time I have seen these products but very interesting. I am contacting them to see if I can get on sent up as a display. Will keep you informed..........

chloe1990

I've watched the videos for 2 of them, ShuttleSlide and Liftsaver (I didn't see that the others even have videos on You Tube). I'm not crazy about the scissor style of the Liftsaver because it has possible "pinching points" when you have to lift it up and only a 1 year warranty, plus it's kind of expensive. I'm leaning more towards ShuttleSlide. Thanks DJs Marine for looking into this.

chloe1990

After speaking with a rep at ShuttleSlide.....twice..... (of course I had a bunch of questions), I am going to purchase the 9 inch slide. After it's installed, I will let you guys know what I think. I'm hopeful it will fix all my past issues with trolling motors. I'll keep you updated.

djsmarinelectronics

Let us know Chloe, they wanted me to buy a minimum of 10......which is a little steep for something you don't know is going to sell or not. I ordered a 7" slide for the shop just in case anyone is interested in looking at them. Good Luck!

chloe1990

Got the 9" slide installed today. I had a friend do it, it helped to watch the installation videos ShuttleSlide has. We had no problems with the installation. So far so good. I really like the way it retracts, pretty simple. I'm going out on the boat on Friday so I'm going to see how it all works.

chloe1990

Just wanted to give you guys an update...went fishing yesterday (managed to avoid most of the rain in the morning). The ShuttleSlide worked great! Wish I bought it earlier. I realized there is a "Product Reviews" Section. I'll post there.