You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Sliding Trolling Motor Mount
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by chloe1990
10/1/2019 9:36 PM
A few weeks ago, I asked you guys about trolling motors. It was good to hear everyone's advice. I ended up with a Terrova. It was a great deal, couldn't pass it up (but I did consider the Ultrex). NOW, I have another question. I'm going to try and avoid the "frustrations" I had with my old trolling motor. I had problems with the motor overhang and my trailer (never fit right). I also hit it on the dock multiple times (maybe that's why I needed a new one - HA). I did a beach launch ONCE and that was not fun with the overhang! I was looking into a mount that slides (idea suggested by a friend). Has anyone heard of or ever used ShuttleSlide or SlideMaxx or other similiar products? The idea is pretty good, but I'd like to get some feedback before I buy. I would like to move the motor in about 8 or 9 inches, so ShuttleSlide has a model that does that and a lifetime warranty. If you have one, is it easy to use? Any thoughts?
Posted by chloe1990
10/3/2019 12:37 PM
Does DJs Marine Electronics sell these products? It would be nice to buy local and see the product.
Posted by jpdavidm
10/3/2019 1:47 PM
Have you tried You Tubing to see how they look or install I'm not sure about what you are wanting to invest.
Posted by djsmarinelectronics
10/3/2019 9:19 PM
chloe1990 - 10/3/2019 12:37 PM

Does DJs Marine Electronics sell these products? It would be nice to buy local and see the product.

Hey Chloe1990, first time I have seen these products but very interesting. I am contacting them to see if I can get on sent up as a display. Will keep you informed..........
Posted by chloe1990
10/4/2019 7:55 AM
I've watched the videos for 2 of them, ShuttleSlide and Liftsaver (I didn't see that the others even have videos on You Tube). I'm not crazy about the scissor style of the Liftsaver because it has possible "pinching points" when you have to lift it up and only a 1 year warranty, plus it's kind of expensive. I'm leaning more towards ShuttleSlide. Thanks DJs Marine for looking into this.
Posted by chloe1990
10/12/2019 6:19 PM
After speaking with a rep at ShuttleSlide.....twice..... (of course I had a bunch of questions), I am going to purchase the 9 inch slide. After it's installed, I will let you guys know what I think. I'm hopeful it will fix all my past issues with trolling motors. I'll keep you updated.
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
October 2019
SMTWTFS
    1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19»
20» 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31    

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Oct 19 Chatt Crappie Club TX #5 -Forgotten Child Fund
Oct 20 Dream Chasers Tournament #8 MCP

Advertiser

Random Photo
good one

"good one"
Album: Chickamauga past & present

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2019 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software