Frog Recommendations?

Haven't fished a frog much but am looking forward to giving it a solid shot this fall. That said, I walk down the isle and there are 20 different frogs to choose from. I feel pretty good about color selection but does anyone have a model frog they could recommend? I see the traditional hollow bodies and others that are soft plastics with a special hook. Thank you for any feedback.

Rick

I recommend experimenting w/ an assortment - hollow body (poppers and walkers - I like the SPRO Bronzeye 60 and 65) and solid plastic (I like the Zoom horny toads). There are times when you need a couple of options to put to use in order to draw strikes.

The hollow body frogs are best (my opinion) over heavy or matted grass (I've had equal success w/ poppers and walkers). I also like to throw them in log jams (walkers work best here). Walkers work best for me in open water. I like the solid plastic doods when I'm fishing emergent grasses (like willow or buggy whips). Gives you the ability to work some more of the water column. A buzz frog can be killer when you're working edges of grass, rock, or wood.

FishingwithRusty

if youre going to fish the mats, get a pointed nose frog. ive tried them all, theyre all too expensive and dont last as long as i think they should but find myself coming back time and time again to spro. its not as soft as some but softer than others & good hooks. doesnt matter what color it is as long as its BLACK or WHITE. ;)

I really like the booyah pad crasher. You are going to need braid and for better hook up ratio bend the hooks out. One more thing, when they hit you are going to want to set the hook but its better to couht to 3 and slam it home.

Everyone has their favorites, but the best walking or pointed nose frog I have ever used is the Jackall Iobee frog, it walks like a dream in open water, it scoots across the grass easily, you get good hookups on it because the frog is softer than most others on the market. I also like their popping frog the Gavacho, but the hooks on that frog do not have a huge gap on them. As for the toads or moving frogs you can go with the standard Zoom Horny Toad, but if the wind is blowing a bit that thing gets hard to throw in a hurry. I like the Trixie Shark by Reaction Innovations for those kinds of days because it has some weight to it, and you can throw it a mile even in in wind.

porthos33

Black and White all day!! Then take sharpies and color some patterns on them. Action is more important than color!