What Catfish Eat From The River?

Catfish_Charlie

I hate buying bait. Bought me a cheap little cast net. Working out great! Throw it every day. Getting darn good with it. My question is. With all the stuff that comes up with my net, like creatures I have never seen, eels, gar and so fourth. I know catfish will eat brim, shad, bass, pretty much anything smaller than itself. But I have never tried cut eels, gar and stuff. Caught a 38 inch long gar last night. Thought about cutting it up for catfish bait. I turned it loose instead cause I wasn't sure if they would eat it.

So whatta you guys think.

By the way. If anyone in the Cleveland/Georgetown area want any shad, just let me know. I emptied a 5 gallon bucket back into the river last night cause I had no one who could use them. Any size from 2 inches to 19 inches.

Gonna get a Google Voice number this weekend but for now just message here if anyone is interested in the future.

Catfish_Charlie

I know gar are pretty nasty but hey, if it catches a good size cat then I am willing to give it a try. OK,OK BREAM, I wondered if anyone would call me on that.
Last night I went fishing and caught a 5 gallon bucket of Shad. Had to have had 80 or 90. I ending up splitting them between 2 buckets. I only used maybe 1/4 by the end of the night. So the rest I dumped back into the river. Thats why I am making this offer. The labor on my part has been done. Someone should be able to benefit if anyone here would want any. I know they are not cheap if you buy them.

I also considered it may allow me to meet and shake hands of some of the forum members which will I am sure would make for some good forum posts. Maybe a good way to meet some of you guys and ya'll get to know me as well.

Gator

A very nice gesture! I’m sure many people here would like some shad. By the way, I wouldn’t mess with the Gar.

elwestb

If you're going to try and cut up a Gar you'll need a Rip Saw with a concrete blade!

It's technically illegal to use game fish caught with a net as bait, which includes sunfish. You can use them if you catch them with rod/reel as long as you don't keep more than your limit .