What Landing Net Would Work For Me?

Catfish_Charlie

I am in the market for a landing net. I will be using it in my kayak but (and this is a big but) I will also be using it to grab catfish from the top of a bridge. Looking for a compact but strong landing net that will work in both of these situations. In case anyone is familiar with the bridge over Candies Creek in Cleveland on hwy 308. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Candies+Creek+Ridge/@35.3100425,-84.8490995,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x885e29420f77475f:0x7bc47d8a5742d5e9!8m2!3d35.2103509!4d-84.8771675 I do a lot of catfishing from that bridge and my catches are in the range of 4 to 45 pounds. I have been having to walk the length of the bridge to a side path and hope I can get the fish high enough on the path so I can lay my rod down and then walk off the bridge to the path below and get the fish. I always turn them loose after I get a picture if it is photo worthy. But I always notice some damage to the fish where the hook was. I would like to stop this damage.

In my kayak I fish this same area a lot. Way back from the bridge I often catch catfish 20 pounds or more that get in some very grassy areas where it is nearly impossible to get them out without a net. In each case I would need a net with a very long reach. From the top of the bridge I suspect it is at-least 20 foot and my largest cat this year from the bridge has been a 51 pound blue. Thankfully another guy fishing from the bridge had a net and we both had to pull it up. I never thought at that time to inquire about his net. I had on my mind getting the fish weighed and measured. It hit me the next day that I should have asked about his net.

So does anyone have any suggestions on a good telescopic landing net that would work in both of these cases?

digitalcb

I use an extendable painter's pole with various nets pinned to the end. Currently have a 16 footer set up.

muskyman

I have the biggest net frabill makes. It is massive but it also folds in half for storage and deploys easily. I can fit a 6 foot man in the net to give you an idea. I love it for cats and muskies.