PELLET RIFLE ?

fischnrod

What's the best and most accurate pellet rifle today for ridding pests

Aries 181

Suppressed Ruger MK2, as quite as a pellet gun. I use it on feral cats and other vermin.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0752.JPG
    IMG_0752.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 354

Kirk

I have a big bore Air Rifle that shoots .50 cal pellets. It will kill just about anything you consider a pest.

Attachments

• Samyang1.jpg
    Samyang1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 339

Crankinken

I have a Gamo Maxxim I picked up last year just for the squirrels tearing things up. Have shot a dozen of them and it has worked great and is accurate.

churly

Ive got a gamo that I used to teach my daughter to use a scope. Its a bad dude and with the platinum pellets I bet I could kill a small deer. The only problem is it as loud as my .22. Id look at one of the ones that is maid to be quite, like that bone collector model "quiet cat".

FishingwithRusty

ive got a Benjamin Nitro in .22 and it'll dispatch most pests VERY well. Crossman Premier hollow tip pellets seem to be the most consistent, shot groups inside a 1/2" at 25-30yds out of the box. the trigger is adjustable but still a long pull, with a trigger upgrade i think i could tighten the groups dramatically. the nitrogen pistons are more accurate and consistent than the springer models. as Churly mentioned if you get a .177 and use platinum pellets you will get the sonic crack. i like the .22 for the little extra punch when you hit them :)

FishingwithRusty

Aries 181 - 5/18/2019 8:59 PM

Suppressed Ruger MK2, as quite as a pellet gun. I use it on feral cats and other vermin.

Bill

nice piece Bill, i dont think that round is going down that barrel :)