Taking my dad out

herefishy

I don't fish much anymore. My dad is coming in and wants to get out and Chase some cats. He doesn't really care about size but would like to catch some descent numbers. In the past we just drifted up at the nuke plant. It's usually a little later in the year, but do you all think it will be worth while in the morning? Or can someone point us in a general direction?

Thank you.

lafae7

The catfish are about to spawn. Instead of trying out deep try some rock banks that has deeper water nearby. Make sure to get your bait somewhat close to the bank. I know blues like the rocks for spawning. They like big rocks too m, not gravel. Gravel does nothing for them. They rub up against the rocks to push out the eggs. They hang out a while before, during, and after spawning before they get into their summer rut. They should be setting up on the banks right about now and will prolly hang out there till mid May.

And here is a biggggggggg secret. Don’t use any sinkers. If you use a sinker you will not catch anything. Use a float otherwise you’ll just stay hung up around the rocks/boulders/trees. You should be able to take this info and slay them. Hope your dad catches them.