Riverpark Ramp Opening Monday

rsimms

I just got off the phone with Tom Lamb, Director of Hamilton County Parks & Recreation. There was a delay in efforts to repair/reopen to Riverpark ramp.

HOWEVER, they are bringing in a temporary docking structure to support the emergency personnel who will be working the Ironman on Sunday. Mr. Lamb said that, "We have secured the continued use of that structure until our permanent dock is replaced. We will re-open the Riverpark boat ramp to the public on Monday, May 20 with the temporary structure in place."

Woohoo!

Just FYI, they have bids on permanent repair of the dock. The cost will be app. $25,000.

Rob Lee

Thanks for the update. Ironman...heaven forbid this city do something for the outdoorsman. Kudos to Dayton. Additionally, I just sent an email to the Tennessee State Parks in regards to the condition of the boat dock at Harrison Bay. Lots of exposed metal. Yes, I use fenders at this ramp and when the lake is considerably below full pond I can use power poles to stay away from dock. I was not overly critical, they do provide a great service and I clearly expressed that in my email. Thanks again, had to vent for a moment.

drdetroit

Wow, if there was no iron man there would be no dock! I thought Chattanooga was changing there philosophy and promote fishing! Maybe that was just a rumor. They don’t need the revenue I guess.