You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

High dollar sunglasses
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by FishingwithRusty
5/14/2019 9:01 AM
amber is the lens color of choice for me.

i work in the optical/eye field, have for almost 30yrs. the optics of a glass lens is better, heavier but better.

personally i wear $25 Calcuttas, amber lens with blue reflective finish, i can see what i need/want to see. i loose 1-3 pair a year in the lake and that gets old with high dollar glasses(been there done that). like so many things in life and fishing the higher priced items are arguably better but not sseveral hundred dollars better.
Posted by porthos33
5/16/2019 6:16 PM
Love my costa's! I've had many pairs of fathom's and love them all. I've had a bunch of cheap sunglasses too and the front of the lenses always rub off after a month of fishing. I liked my oakley's too back in the day. You gotta have some kind of chums and if you are a hugger or at church, put them around the back of your neck when not using. I've had a couple pairs break from unexpected bear hugs. Ebay has great deals.
Posted by ATurner103
5/16/2019 8:51 PM
I have a buddy that ordered some "Grizzly" polarized glasses. Said he got a good deal on them. Somewhere around $30 a pair. We'll see what he thinks of them when he gets them.
Posted by Rob Lee
5/17/2019 10:24 AM
porthos33 - 5/16/2019 6:16 PM

Love my costa's! I've had many pairs of fathom's and love them all. I've had a bunch of cheap sunglasses too and the front of the lenses always rub off after a month of fishing. I liked my oakley's too back in the day. You gotta have some kind of chums and if you are a hugger or at church, put them around the back of your neck when not using. I've had a couple pairs break from unexpected bear hugs. Ebay has great deals.

I agree, Chums are a must. Or something comparable
Posted by ab333
5/20/2019 3:16 PM
Costa all the way! Have 2 pair & won't wear anything else.
Posted by foodsaver
5/21/2019 11:37 AM
Anyone use the smith optics polychromatic lenses? I see they have ones that start super light and get moderately darker? Sometimes my costas are too dark in the morning and I'm thinking some with a little variability would be good until lunch time.
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
August 2019
SMTWTFS
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25» 26 27 28 29 30 31

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Aug 25 Dream Chasers Tournament #6 MCP

Advertiser

Random Photo
4-3-10

"4-3-10"
Album: GOOD TIMES

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2019 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software