1996 Mercury 200 EFI discharging

KYRick

My cranking battery discharges after about 2 or 3 days in the garage (brand new battery). It has been at Water Workz for about 3 weeks. They thought they had it fixed after a little over 2 weeks. I picked it last Saturday and it as dead as a hammer by Tuesday morning. It is like they have thrown their hands up and don't have a clue. They act like they don't want to work on it because it is an older motor.
I need help. I have missed a lot of good fishing due to this problem. I am picking it up Saturday fixed or not. I need help with where I need to take it to get it actually fixed. I am new to the area and live in Cleveland. I have talked with Hiawassee Marine but not sure where I need to take it.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

cmiller

I have had 2 Mercury’s, the first ram terrrrrible when I got it. Bass pro Shop East Ridge had that thing running like it was brand new after they got done with it. It was a 1986 75 hp Mercury. Nothing but good things to say about them over there. They have done several quick fixes for me out in the parking lot that take up to 20 minutes to fix and only charge me for parts. I highly recommend them.

And no I swear I do not work there

If you have an on board charger, it could be the problem. I had one bank of a charger go down and it drained the other battery.

KYRick

Winner Winner Chicken dinner. Captain Kirk gets the door prize. Even though they were insisting they had tested the onboard charger and it was not the problem I purchased a new one and within 2 hours of having dropped it off they called to tell me it was a bad onboard charger after all.
What a forum!
Thanks