Best Casting Reels Under $100?

JoeFD

Looking for opinions! What is the best value casting reel under $100.00?

KYRick

Don't laugh, but I have a couple of the Piscifun and I am very impressed for the money. Will they last as long as my Les's? Probably not. But as far as casting and smooth they are great. I have no complaints. I have 3 of them and 8 Lews, but I am about to order another Piscifun just because they are so inexpensive.

FirstLight

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bas...VEVcNCh15JA7XEAYYASABEgJO3fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am a Lew's guy primarily but I had a gift card at BPS and this reel came recommended on the forum back around Christmas. I got one recently and really like it. Seems to be well built, casts good, smooth drag, etc. Not sure how long it will last but so far so good. I got the 6.8:1 gear ratio. I just wish I had got it back around Christmas because they were running them for $50 bucks.

FishingwithRusty

+1 on the Piscifun, been using them for 2yrs now, sold most of my abu's

the Phantom and PhantomX are good starting points

Dropshot

Staff member
For under $100..>Daiwa Fuego, Quantum Accurist 2 (3 year warranty), Lew's LFS, Abu Garcia Revo X, 13 Fishing (aluminum framed one)...All aluminum framed and should last years with good cleaning and maintenance. With that said, several guys on CFF Trail like the Piscifun.

i have gotten Shimano Curados and Quantum PT Speed Freak both well under $100 on EBay. These are new reels from reputable Ebay stores. The last Speed Freak I got was $80.

Oldman

i bought two of the piscifun bait casters and better than i thought they were going to be. note put a drop of oil on the spool bearings before you throw them.they come dry from the factory.all reels use to come oiled but not any more.

pakjohn

I bought a Piscifun baitcaster after seeing it talked about on this forum, it's noisy out of the box but like the other poster says, a few drops of oil cures that. THey have a centrifugal and magnetic brake and once set are very hard to tangle. One brake is adjustable by a dial outside the reel the other brake is inside the cover. Start with the inside brake on 4 and go from there. My other reels are all LEW's BB pro.

on fish

Abu Garcia revox x. I will gladly let you try one if you want

TightlineT

FirstLight - 4/15/2019 1:38 PM

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bas...VEVcNCh15JA7XEAYYASABEgJO3fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I am a Lew's guy primarily but I had a gift card at BPS and this reel came recommended on the forum back around Christmas. I got one recently and really like it. Seems to be well built, casts good, smooth drag, etc. Not sure how long it will last but so far so good. I got the 6.8:1 gear ratio. I just wish I had got it back around Christmas because they were running them for $50 bucks.

I'm probably gonna try one of these because I have 2 of the original pro qualifiers and love them. They had put them on sale again for $80 the other day I believe. I've had these 2 for several years now with no problems.

Dropshot

Staff member
TightlineT - 4/16/2019 12:18 PM
FirstLight - 4/15/2019 1:38 PM https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bas...VEVcNCh15JA7XEAYYASABEgJO3fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I am a Lew's guy primarily but I had a gift card at BPS and this reel came recommended on the forum back around Christmas. I got one recently and really like it. Seems to be well built, casts good, smooth drag, etc. Not sure how long it will last but so far so good. I got the 6.8:1 gear ratio. I just wish I had got it back around Christmas because they were running them for $50 bucks.
I'm probably gonna try one of these because I have 2 of the original pro qualifiers and love them. They had put them on sale again for $80 the other day I believe. I've had these 2 for several years now with no problems.
</p>

</p>

</p>

Had two I tried to sell for $105 and no one wanted them so I took them back toBass Pro.</p>

FirstLight

Dropshot - 4/16/2019 1:13 PM

FirstLight - 4/15/2019 1:38 PM https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bas...VEVcNCh15JA7XEAYYASABEgJO3fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds I am a Lew's guy primarily but I had a gift card at BPS and this reel came recommended on the forum back around Christmas. I got one recently and really like it. Seems to be well built, casts good, smooth drag, etc. Not sure how long it will last but so far so good. I got the 6.8:1 gear ratio. I just wish I had got it back around Christmas because they were running them for $50 bucks.
</p>

</p>

</p>

Had two I tried to sell for $105 and no one wanted them so I took them back to Bass Pro. </p>

if ida known then what I know now, ida bought them from you Patrick.

Dropshot

Staff member
FirstLight - 4/16/2019 3:04 PM
Dropshot - 4/16/2019 1:13 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

Had two I tried to sell for $105 and no one wanted them so I took them back toBass Pro.</p>
if ida known then what I know now, ida bought them from you Patrick.
</p>

</p>

No problem. I just have so many I had to get rid of a few.</p>

jimwarden

It’s really hard to find a bad casting reel in that price range these days. Lew’s are great, Abu Garcia Revo X, Daiwa Fuego, and even Piscifin Phantom ($69.95). A couple years ago I was curious about the Piscifin Phantom being 5.8oz with a carbon matrix drag, and caught them discounted to $52 in winter on Amazon so I bought two. They are very good reels. Very hard to backlash, very strong drag, light and they casts very far. Not much to dislike except the green accents.

FishingwithRusty

jimwarden - 4/16/2019 5:43 PM

It’s really hard to find a bad casting reel in that price range these days. Lew’s are great, Abu Garcia Revo X, Daiwa Fuego, and even Piscifin Phantom ($69.95). A couple years ago I was curious about the Piscifin Phantom being 5.8oz with a carbon matrix drag, and caught them discounted to $52 in winter on Amazon so I bought two. They are very good reels. Very hard to backlash, very strong drag, light and they casts very far. Not much to dislike except the green accents.

lol, i didnt care for the bright accent colors but the green is MUCH better than the REALLY loud colors that were suggested when that reel was in development

bassnbuck

I have 3 never used reels for sale for $100 each.
(2) Abu Revo STX REV04-STX-HS 7:3:1
(1) Lew's Super Duty SDG1XHF 8:3:1

camaro88z

Lews and daiwa is what I buy now. Lews lfs is a good reel at that price pt. But there is several in those 2 brands that will do the work.

dlsmith6

IF you are not concerned with the name you can look up the Kast King Stealth or Assassin reel. I have a couple of each and they are only about 50 bucks. Great for the price. However, if you do buy one of the assassin reels make sure to look up on you tube how to set the brakes. When I first got the assassin I hated it and was going to return it because I couldn't cast with out a back lash. Once I set the breaking system correctly it was on. I will meet you at Harrison bay if you would like to look at it and try it out. I also have the Abu revo and it is great as well but a little more expensive.

stratos21xl

If you can swing $100...spend a few more dollars and get one of the new Diawa Tatula 100’s. Super small, light, and durable.