Some boats were not made to go fast.................................

Wow. Just wow. A whole lotta luck used up in that accident. I reckon it's a little to late to remind them to check the hull motor rating before they put that 400 on there . . .

Def Darwin Award material. geez.

Lx545

Wishing someone to die for doing something stupid is just plain wrong..I have done many stupid things that could have killed me growing up. Thankful You weren't my judge and jury. Stupid yes, worthy of death I think not.

lafae7

I can’t believe some people on here think they deserve to Die for pushing the envelope. That’s just evil guys. Cmon

chillerman69

I thought they did a great job till they crashed. 2 people with trolling motor (maybe TM battery??) going 102 MPH is impressive. A lot of 100+ bass boat runs are in gutted boats. I wish they would've got their rods out and fished back to the dock. I don't wish death on anybody because every time I look up, there's buzzards circling

BulletTJ

Saying someone deserves a Darwin award is not saying you wish they had died. No doubt the had way more motor than they could handle. There aren't many hulls that are built to run those kind of speeds. Not to mention there aren't that many people able to drive at those speeds. It is not like driving a car to 100 mph. When you get over 80 mph on the water you better know what you are doing.

chillerman69

but it wasn't in the cards, too bad I don't know what's in his heart but know what he wrote. If he didn't wish them dead, he poorly worded his post, then doubled down later

finbully

lafae7 - 4/15/2019 5:29 PM

I can’t believe some people on here think they deserve to Die for pushing the envelope. That’s just evil guys. Cmon

If you re-read the “die” comment, you will see it is poised as a question. That is a big stretch from you interpreting as thinking the person who made the comment thinks they deserve to die.

chillerman69

May be wrong but I think most if not all people understood Derek was NOT wishing someone to die and just happened to be the first to question the intent of the original comment.

lafae7

finbully - 4/15/2019 8:25 PM

lafae7 - 4/15/2019 5:29 PM

If you re-read the “die” comment, you will see it is poised as a question. That is a big stretch from you interpreting as thinking the person who made the comment thinks they deserve to die.

I was referring to the very first comment. Anybody who wishes the Darwin Award on somebody basically means they should die. Don’t confuse “natural selection” with “evolution”. I was just as shocked as Derek was.

Dgreen

That's one way to confirm you have a good life jacket for high speed. THEY PASSED with no apparent issues!

derek81

I was just wondering why that comment was made, definitely came across wrong. I grew up racing two wheels and pushed the envelope as far as I could at times, seeing someone comment like that caught me off guard. A lot of us have a need for speed, doesn't mean when we crash that we're stupid or have a death wish, just different strokes for different folks.

hoop235

"A lot of us have a need for speed, doesn't mean when we crash that we're stupid or have a death wish, just different strokes for different folks."

Good point Derek and I agree completely. I grew up around fast boats and at 58 yrs old I still like to "let it loose" on the water occasionally. As long as it doesn't endanger anyone else, more power to them.

swamp

I watched and took part in this boat evolution,from the 70s on until now.
That's nothing new..You should have seen a 15 foot trl hull with a 140 hp Merc on it.
Everyone was pushing the outer limits then and speedy bass boats have evolved into what you
are seeing today. Speed boat hull design incorporated into bass boats.
If everyone died while experimenting you would still be fishing from a Jon boat
I've fished and boated with guys like that all my life and the we're not idiots.
In fact,a lot of the rigging of boats and development of equipment, that most of you take for granted
are a direct result of these guys. Same thing with fishing techniques and tackle.Lots of it spawned
right here by these idiots.

churly

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun to me...until he hit 95.