Man. The MLF Anglers are Whacking them

703 fish yesterday divided by 40 angler is over seventeen bass per angler. Looks like this am is starting right where they left off yesterday. Are they fishing the same lake I have been LOL emoScratch

sdfd29

Cliff Crochet with 25 fish in under two hours for 58 pounds!! With a 5 lb big fish. Not the lake that I have encountered.

FishingwithRusty

LOL!!!! same lake, they are just better than we are................

Muskrat

Cliff has 30 fish for 64 pounds now before 10:00 am...good grief !

Any thoughts on the most successful patterns for these guys? Looked like alot of soft plastics yesterday. If that's the case, very encouraging news for me. I'm a wormer at heart.

FishingwithRusty

Springmillvol - 4/10/2019 11:06 AM

Any thoughts on the most successful patterns for these guys? Looked like alot of soft plastics yesterday. If that's the case, very encouraging news for me. I'm a wormer at heart.

from what i could see: pitching smaller, green colored soft plastics t-rigged around shallow wood

except for Palanuik who looked to be swimming a whitish jig

There is a reason those guys get paid to fish for a living. They are really good, I like to see them on a lake I fish some just to see how they approach it differently than I do. But a lot of them are doing the numbers game in in a regular tournament format that will not help to as much.

FirstLight

Edwin Evers was aggravated at a couple local boats being in the same area as him. he is going to really be aggravated come this weekend lol....

FirstLight

Springmillvol - 4/10/2019 2:10 PM

FirstLight - 4/10/2019 1:05 PM

Edwin Evers was aggravated at a couple local boats being in the same area as him. he is going to really be aggravated come this weekend lol....

Yep. Welcome to our world LOL.

Im pretty sure he's fishing in CFP lol.

They are given all the best tools and paid to do what we skip work to do . I wish my tv was a big as some of those depth finders. I love any kind of bass fishing but it looks like this league is living up to the dink fest they are known for. . I know when I get out on the water I ain’t worried about a fly by night pro needing to get a bite because if I’m out there I’m chunking for 15 lbs 3 ounces and I don’t care nothing about a club tournament or a professional tournament just trying to set the new record

churly

Cliff Crochet and Aaron Martens caught the bulk of their big sacks on moving baits. CC had his early flury throwing a lipless and AM was catching them on his picasso spinner bait and vibrating jig. The guys throwing plastics like EE are going after quantity and building up weights on fish under 15". There will be more fish caught over 5lbs in the CBA saturday than any day of MLF because they fish differently going after numbers.

jb366

churly - 4/11/2019 8:06 AM

Cliff Crochet and Aaron Martens caught the bulk of their big sacks on moving baits. CC had his early flury throwing a lipless and AM was catching them on his picasso spinner bait and vibrating jig. The guys throwing plastics like EE are going after quantity and building up weights on fish under 15". There will be more fish caught over 5lbs in the CBA saturday than any day of MLF because they fish differently going after numbers.

I think alot went the finesse route for those bucks because the bigger fish bite has been so finicky lately. You're right about the CBA, I know I for sure will not be throwing little finesse baits unless I just stink if up and need something in the well to save a few points.

Hooker

.my personal opinion it is taking away from them as fishermen by fishing for numbers and not the best fish the lake has to offer

FirstLight

Hooker - 4/11/2019 9:01 PM

.my personal opinion it is taking away from them as fishermen by fishing for numbers and not the best fish the lake has to offer

I hear you. I felt the same way at first but when I started watching it unfold, I was impressed that they knew how to get what the lake would give them and hammer them. They whacked the fish they needed to in order to score.

Hooker

FirstLight - 4/11/2019 9:30 PM

I hear you. I felt the same way at first but when I started watching it unfold, I was impressed that they knew how to get what the lake would give them and hammer them. They whacked the fish they needed to in order to score.

I know it's a numbers game with this format but something's need changing,,,when Stephen Browning tied Martin's today they awarded him 1st place because he had caught more fish,,,so Martin's was actually penalized for catching bigger fish, that's BS,,,a tie should've fell back to had the Big Fish between the 2 not who had caught more,,,if that had determined the overall winner if I was Martin I would be pissed,,,it didn't stay tied long but that isn't right

FirstLight

Hooker - 4/11/2019 9:42 PM

FirstLight - 4/11/2019 9:30 PM

I know it's a numbers game with this format but something's need changing,,,when Stephen Browning tied Martin's today they awarded him 1st place because he had caught more fish,,,so Martin's was actually penalized for catching bigger fish, that's BS,,,a tie should've fell back to had the Big Fish between the 2 not who had caught more,,,if that had determined the overall winner if I was Martin I would be pissed,,,it didn't stay tied long but that isn't right

Yea that is BS. I didn’t catch that part today. They definitely have it set up as a numbers deal. They might modify that in the future based on what lake they are fishing. Honestly I am surprised that the guys are able to catch them that good though..