Millionaires

fischnrod

When you consider the price of boats and trucks now and you drive into Chester Frost Park you can see where the millionaires hang out, the lot has been full lately with 30 to 50 rigs worth at least 100,000 each that's 3 to 5 million in my calculations emoFish emoUSA

Aries 181

House, paid for.
Truck, paid for.
Boat, paid cash.
Retired, HELL YA!
Wife, 15 years younger than me, makes killer money, works for BCBST.
To say I'm blessed is an under statement.

Bill

Jmax

Yes and no. I have always had a boat. My first bass boat I built. A flat bottom I put a floor in with a 10 h.p. old beat up Evinrude that was older then me. Sold it for more then I had in it. 2nd boat was a Tide Craft V15 Spitfire, again beat up and needed a lot of work. Fixed it up and re-carpeted it. Save up money over a couple years and bought a 90 H.P. Johnson for it.(It had a 65 HP Stinger on it.) 3rd boat, got a Champion Bass Boat from a dealer going out of business, no motor. Put the 90 on it and used it a few years until I could afford a 150. Changed out motors. 4th boat, wore out my first Champion after about eleven years, traded it in on a new one with all the bells and whistles. Made payments. Had that boat start cracking on me and the insurance company bought it back and then went after Champion. 5th boat, my first Ranger, and VS118. Had it for ten years, made payments. During this time I had moved to Chattanooga. 6th boat, sold the Green Machine Ranger to Hookline&sinker and bought a bigger Ranger (used) with money I had saved up for a bigger boat. Had a VX119 with a 200 on it. Used it for six years, kept having issues with the motor. Finally got mad enough to bite the bullet. 7th boat, bought my current Z119c from Fish-n-Fun, ordered it to match the truck and made payments for five years. It is paid for and so is the truck. emoAngel Yes, retired now for good and also very blessed.

My point to all of this story is, you might have thought I was one of those "Millionaires" long before I actually was. It is a priority thing. Where does the nice boat rank in you willingness to do what it takes to own one. I use to think I would just buy a cheaper truck so I can afford a better boat. emoBigsmile What are you willing to go without and save to get that boat of your dreams and how much is too much to spend. emoGeezer Jmax

fischnrod

I wasn't saying there's anything wrong with it just saying that's where the money is, if I could afford a boat I'd have one too but health issues got in the way

gitzit-done

its also a lot of zillionaires from other states, the three times I put in at chester frost the out-of-states outnumbered the locals 4 to 1....