RET1SG

Just moved up to Tennessee in December and anxious to get on the local water and learn them. Have gotten used to fishing the shallow water bowl shaped lakes in Florida so this will be a bit new for me.

hoop235

Welcome to TN and to the CFF!!!
I'm sure others can chime in more about the fishing but my 2 cents is that fishing can be really hot at times if you can get on the fish and at other times you can't buy a bite. Like most other lakes it takes time on the water to learn some the things it takes to catch fish here. This is a great lake and some really good folks here on the forum that will help you when you have questions.

Smalliefan2

Welcome to the forum, and Chatt. Lot of good choices near by, just not too many saucer shaped bottoms.

RET1SG - 4/3/2019 12:22 PM

Just moved up to Tennessee in December and anxious to get on the local water and learn them. Have gotten used to fishing the shallow water bowl shaped lakes in Florida so this will be a bit new for me.
Got my start in bass fishing in Fl as well. Mainly Okeechobee, stick Marsh, glades, etc. you will probably be like me a light up when you see the grass starting to grow LOL. Be careful out there with the lake down. Shallow spots can show up when you aren’t expecting it out of the main channel.

RET1SG

Thanks for the welcomes. Guess I will start on Watts Bar being I am just 10 minutes from the ramp. Will be moving to Dunlap area as soon as our house is built. All new fisheries to get to know after spending last 24 yrs on Lakes Kissimmee, Toho, Walk in Water,Harris chain,Okeechobee, Roussaeu, St Johns River, Lake Tarpon and Rodman Revevoir just to name a few.

ezebassn

Watts bar is a tough lake most days. Night fishing is where it's at on Watts bar. Don't get frustrated if you don't have much success, most do not at Watts bar. Welcome!!!