Anyone else??

Johnnybasssss

Came down from CT with 2 of my buddies for 6 days of fishing on chick, today was our first day and it was a grind to say the least. Caught only 5 between the 3 of us. Fished a few places in the southern end of the lake. All 5 fish came on lipless and jerkbait in less than 7fow. I know the lake just got pounded the whole last week and now it’s the weekend so it’s not going to stop getting pounded. Everyone we talked to seem to struggle pretty bad. What should we be focusing on? We fished mostly backwater areas and 1 major creek. Watched the weigh in for the costa’s today and seemed like most fish and bigger fish came from the main river. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

G

I.m just being honet i wouldn't spend the next 5 days on the chick.I would find me another lake.if you are from CT you passed a hole lot of better bass fishing.No.1 Smith mountain lake in Virginia,We killed them up there a couple years ago.No.2 St.lawrence river.No.3 Potomac river.I am not trying to get you to leave you can stay if you want but i wountn't waste my time.

jb366

B-TRACKER isn't far off. Unless you're a really good fisherman and can keep up with fish movements every day you're going to have a hard time. The fish are moving a ton right now with setting up to spawn plus the weather changing. If you look at the weights of the Costa those guys didn't have 3 good consistent days.
The flw boys beat the hell out of the lake the last couple weeks and that will make the fish move too plus be finicky.
If you're dead set on staying on the chick I would get rid of the traps, jerks, and a-rig and throw finesse baits. They've seen every size, shape, make, and color of those the past 2 weeks and offering the same thing they've seen a thousand times won't make them eat

I’ve never done any good on chickamauga and I only live 2 hours from it haha. My only luck is right below watts bar dam

porthos33

My buddy had over 35lbs yesterday which was his biggest sack ever. My Father n law came down for a pb and he got it today. Watched 2 bass just under 10 caught in front of me yesterday. Got my pb a few days ago and have had over 25lbs 4 days this week. Been some of the best fishing I've ever experienced in my life. Keep grinding and eventually you will run into them. We are running patterns from pre spawn to spawn. Caught an 8lber bedding 3 days ago. We are all so exhausted but very blessed!

camaro88z

This lake fishes nothing like it used to. So much pressure on it has changed the lake. 3 years ago this time of year I could go out and catch a lot of fish. Now I struggle. You can catch some giants here. That is the big attraction to this lake I know. But honestly my best day of 2019 has came on shell mound. Not the chick. Good luck to you.