Rendering aid

xpress19

I was on my way to the ramp when I seen a boat toot their horn I turned around and they said they had run out of gas. They wanted me to tow them to wolftever. It was about two miles I did it took me about 20 to 25 minutes I felt that was a bit much .. What would you do ? I tried to tell them about Tow boat USA . I felt used !!!!

elwestb

It happens and I've done that several times before.

Jpull

My answer is always help someone in distress. Always. It may be me waving a boat down someday.

Jim

Jmax

Have done it myself. I have had to have a tow before too. Like said already, "What comes around, goes around." I towed some guys who were in the back of the Wolf broke down up to the Wolf ramp one time. They tried to pay me for it but I refused. I told them they could not get off that easy. They had to pay it forward and if they ever saw someone like themselves broke down they had to help. They both smiled big times and promised they would. emoAngel Jmax

ChooChooSnakeMan

Jmax - 3/21/2019 11:25 AM

Have done it myself. I have had to have a tow before too. Like said already, "What comes around, goes around." I towed some guys who were in the back of the Wolf broke down up to the Wolf ramp one time. They tried to pay me for it but I refused. I told them they could not get off that easy. They had to pay it forward and if they ever saw someone like themselves broke down they had to help. They both smiled big times and promised they would. emoAngel Jmax

Jim has it right, yes it can be inconvenient to help someone and yes often times they don't seem to appreciate it but helping is the right thing to do. I had just started fishing at the Harrison Bluffs one year when this jet ski goes roaring past me too close if you know what I mean. I was annoyed but then they got a couple of hundred yards past me and the engine starts sputtering and just stops. The wind was blowing like crazy and I could see what was about to happen. The man and woman on the jet ski were about to get pushed onto the rocks. I stopped fishing and ran up to them and offered to help. They were very glad for the offer. I threw them a line and asked where they needed to go. They said over close to the dam! That's a pretty good way at the speed I had to tow them but it was the right thing to do. I towed them to their house / dock over close to the dam. It was an awesome place to say the least. Well I wouldn't have taken any money but you know a thank you would have been nice but after I took the time to shorten the rope and maneuver them so they could coast right to their dock they didn't say a word, not a thanks, get lost, nothing, they just totally ignored me. Oh well I had and have the satisfaction of knowing I helped when I could. If we will just "do unto others as we want done to us" this world would be a whole lot better place.

porthos33

God's 2nd most important commandment, Love your neighbor as yourself! If we take care of others as God commands, this would be a much better world.

FishingwithRusty

if it was you, you would hope someone would stop to help. we are a community of fisherman and boaters. i pulled one boat off a shoal this week and stopped to check on others who were already on their way towards not being stuck.

mechanical stuff breaks and if you spend enough time out there it will happen to you.

when i help folks, i just tell them like Jmax...."pay it forward, help someone else if you see someone in need"

ChooChooSnakeMan

porthos33 - 3/24/2019 10:43 AM

God's 2nd most important commandment, Love your neighbor as yourself! If we take care of others as God commands, this would be a much better world.

And I say a big AMEN to this!