Beached!

flipper

While fishing Sunday out from Harrison State park where the white bouy's markers are that say CAUTION HAZARD (BY THE WAY) dry ground was showing about four inches or so out of water. A boat was running across toward us my buddy says this is going to be bad,not only was he going to run like 30 yards in front of us but dry land is showing.Should I have waved my arms yes probably but then why should I was throwing right where He was gonna run.He put it right on the dirt.So my question is why have electronics if your not gonna use them,and what use is bouy markers for! Sorry if you read this and it was you but C'MON MAN. emoBang

ezebassn

Can't say I would not have flagged him down but I would be thinking he got what he deserves. I have wished people would run aground when they go between me and where I'm fishing but it never happened. Some have no respect and others just don't know any better. Good luck on your next outing.

Louisiana

I seen them on my way in and stoped to check if anyone was hurt, not saying it was your place to try and stop them but that could have been alot worse

flipper

Ya I guess I should of but then when you wave and holler most people think your being a jerk an just mad,I have had that happen also.Like I stated though with the mapping on units today you dont have to know the lake that good.Even if you didn't have one the white markers are all around the hump,along with red an green channel markers.

jb366

That doesn't surprise me with the way the Costa boys were running around Sunday. Saw several leave mud trails across flats that I know don't have more than a foot of water on them and about every one I saw had their face burried in their graph marking spots where boats were sitting

Even after being raised in a Christian family I often catch myself thinking Charles Darwin was right. You just can't fix stupid. Another boat stranded in the shallow end of the gene pool . . .

FirstLight

I saw that boat. I could see dude was ok as I passed by. He must of been totally out to lunch because that boat was practically 100% in the dry....

It was a little Tahoe runabout I think. Im willing to bet he does not have any navigation in that thing. Maybe a little depth finder is all, if that.

I also saw some bass boats running some real shallow waters like JB366 said.

Water was crazy low.

Kman

The water is lower than it has been in several years. I think some guys are running on past experience, which can get you in trouble when the water is this low.

FishingwithRusty

i personally have tried to wave folks off, it would take up more of my time to have go render first aid to them if they get hurt but half of them act like they dont see you and just keep going.....smh. there will be some boats torn up this week, water is lower right now than it has been in the last 5yrs according the data i have, if you dont have lakemaster....youre probably going to have a bad time.

FirstLight

FishingwithRusty - 3/19/2019 9:04 AM

i personally have tried to wave folks off, it would take up more of my time to have go render first aid to them if they get hurt but half of them act like they dont see you and just keep going.....smh. there will be some boats torn up this week, water is lower right now than it has been in the last 5yrs according the data i have, if you dont have lakemaster....youre probably going to have a bad time.

yep, 675.00 right now. ouch.

Grizz

Was 2 on the Gravle Bsr in front of HBSP Saturday not 10 min after Tow Boat had headed back to marina .

finbully

Don't feel bad about not waving them off. Some folks just have to learn by doing. Boating is a serious activity and some just don't take it seriously...

Carl

A few years ago I was fishing the sand bar below the Harrison bluffs. A big cruiser coming down river was intent on coming between me and the grass line. We started waving our arms, trying to warn him. He flipped us the bird just as his boat settled onto the sand. I wont lie, i smiled a little.

rsimms

I've seen four different bass boats run aground on various mud bars in the last week. I'm sure most are folks from out of town, perhaps exploring Chick for the first time. But it always amazes me with mapping that's available nowadays. There is no way I would ever venture into "new water" without making sure my mapping was up-to-date and if not you can bet I would stay "between the buoys!"