Hoping to get back into bass fishing

kickinbass35

I have been a member on here for quite a while now but had to step down from bass fishing and sell all my gear due to health reasons and medical bills to make a long story short I ended up having to have my right leg amputated . With that siad I feel better than I have in years and as soon as I get a prostetic and getting to where I can walk on it good I want to get back into bass fishing .I have my little boat which I'm gonna have to finish . But my question is is there any baitcaster and spinning combos out there that won't break me when I do get to go again ? I won't have a lot of money to spend on them cause I still have medical bills and have to pay for part of my prostetic . I will even consider used gear It don't have to be anything fancy just something where I can fish any info I greatly appreciate . So if you see a peg leg out there that don't know what to do don't get mad at me stop by and say hello cause I'll just be learning again . Thanks guys

God to hear your feeling better and hopefully will be on the water soon. For me, I don’t fish tourneys but do care about my gear and the Lews combo’s from sportsman’s warehouse or anywhere else have suited me just fine. About $125-$150 per rig. Good luck to ya!

Lx545

Glad you are on the mend. I have had really good luck out of the abu garcia black max and the vengeance rods. Probably be in it less than $90.

ezebassn

The Lew's combos seem to hold up well. The Abu black Max have always been great for starters but never held up to the abuse I give them. I mainly use revos but i do have a few Lew's and so far holding up. I acquired my revos over time, can't afford them all at once. Great to hear you are getting back into the sport. You will be shocked to see the amount of anglers on the water's these days. Good luck

on fish

Team all star and a revo x . Send me a message maybe I can help you out??

kickinbass35

Pm sent thanks guys for the info .I keep up with how the fishing is even though I can't go right now and it does seem like there is a ton of more anglers than there was before I had to quit which was a couple years ago but soon as I get able to go again I don't care if I have only a mud puddle to cast in I'll be happy.

kickinbass35

I hope it won't be too much longer before I get to go again myself . Once it gets in your blood it stays there I've not got to go in nearly 2 years and I can't take much more lol . I read the reports and see what everyone is catching and watching videos makes it worse .