current and predicted river spilling levels?

Tight_Lines

I have heard that barge traffic will resume soon and levels hopefully will drop with little rain in the forecast finally. though does anyone know if the mountain dams like Fontana and Norris still spilling? are they back down to winter level and storage levels? I am assuming that Chickamauga Dam will hopefully be getting back to closer to normal this week?? am I correct? i ask this because i do not know what normal flow in numbers are. though i know where more normal is by looking at the river. thanks in advance!

Good fishing to all!

fischnrod

You can look at the operating guide on the website and see what normal winter / summer levels are suppose to be

Rob Lee

As of 10:00 am today: Cherokee 8.16 ft below full pond; Douglas 13.94 ft below full pond; Norris 2.37 ft below full pond; Ft. Loudon 3.85 ft below full pond.

Rob Lee

Additionally...Cherokee sluicing 14,500 cfs; Douglas sluicing 8,000 cfs; Norris sluicing; Ft. Loudon spilling; Fontana sluicing.

Tight_Lines

Rob Lee good info thank you! i Knew the Chick and some of these other similar lakes were back to winter levels but if places like norris and fontana still sluicing, then all that water has to come this way which means they will be leaving gates here at Chickamauga open for a little while longer! :( i have some good fishing holes behind chatt state that were producing last fall and early this year but ever since have been closed do to all of the rain and high river! can not wait to get back to them!

Fshn Cpa

Chickamauga is lower than it has been in over three years almost 8 feet below summer pool. I hope they start bringing it up soon. After tearing up my lower unit last fall I am reluctant to go out there until it does.

Smalliefan2

Visited with TVA at the classic. Norris has the largest holding capacity/surface area. They will pretty much dictate the flow when we get rain, and they release water. Also said May is when they plan summer pool.