Norris Craft Hotfoot Issue

JohnnyG

I have a 1988 Norris Craft 1750 XL VEE. I was taking it out today for the first time this season and as I was trying to start the motor the hotfoot broke off the floor. I got down and looked at it and apparently when it was put in it was epoxied, or something similar, to the floor and the carpet laid around it. Is that normal? It’s a TH Marine Hotfoot and it has the screw holes so it can be screwed down. I want to go ahead and do it myself but I’m afraid to screw into the floor as it’s not a very deep hull in that section. Anyone have any experience with hotfoots and installation with not so deep hulls like those in Norris Craft?

billyc

I have procraft hot foot done same way . Make sure you sand off old epoxy on floor of boat and hot foot . Use 24 hr setting epoxy it sets a little slower but gets harder will last another twenty years or so. Do not screw down!

JohnnyG

BillyC, what brand of epoxy would you suggest? I’d rather do this myself than pay someone $100 dollars to do something I can do myself.

on fish

Don't screw it down,I grew up fishing out of Norris craft if you screw it down it will go through the bottom., Has to be glassed in place and yes they would do the carpet around it also. Fiberglass is simple. Let me know if I can help

JohnnyG

I’ve done some research and called a few shops and it seems like the consensus for this is to use 3M 5200 Marine. Fully cures in 7 days and is listed as a permanent bond.