Fishing after big tournament

I'm planning on coming down Mar. 25-26 (Mon. and Tue.). I just looked and the Costa will be there a few days before. How bad will this tournament hurt the fishing on Mon. and Tue.? My thoughts are there should be new fish moving up each day, but wanted to hear what others thought.

rippinlips2win

Go fish the release area LOL, seriously it will hurt it some but in the grand scheme it will be just like any other weekend of fishing on Chick, there are always tournaments there that even though in separate parts of the lake they will have the same number of boats as the Costa.

FishingwithRusty

the fish are moving so much this time of year, you will opportunities at new fish every day

churly

If you dont like fishing pressured water, this isnt the lake for you.

jb366

tnsportsman86 - 3/15/2019 8:23 AM

the guys at the classic are saying the fish are setting up to spawn already. Is that the case in Chick?

Setting up to spawn=prespawn staging and yep, they're doing it on chick too

jb366 - 3/15/2019 10:15 AM

the guys at the classic are saying the fish are setting up to spawn already. Is that the case in Chick?

Thanks will it be the same in a week?

jb366

tnsportsman86 - 3/15/2019 12:27 PM

jb366 - 3/15/2019 10:15 AM

Thanks will it be the same in a week?

They'll be fishing staging, moving in, moving out, and every which way from now till June.

ezebassn

You will find fish on bed now through mid June. Prime time is May in my opinion but the way the water has been who knows. Like everyone else has mentioned big tournaments every weekend so it is hard to find unpressured fish.