Runnin’ & Gunnin’

JohnnyG

When I watch MLF or any other fishing event, I never pay attention to whether or not the anglers turn off the power to their trolling motors and front graphs before they quickly take off to find another spot. I just see them pull up the trolling motor real quick, maybe secure their rods, put on their PFDs and take off. So my question is how do you guys run & gun? I’m just curious because I’m in the process of setting my boat up different at the bow. I know it seems like a weird question lol. So, power left on everything, some things, graphs in stand by, etc? Thanks

Unless it's a special circumstance, I turn my power on to both graphs and trolling motor before I launch and then turn them off when I take out (always on).

flipper

Fun Fishing don't really matter but when fishing long day tournament especially in summer when running live wells all day or night fishing putting your unit on stand by will save on your cranking battery.Like when you get to your spot put your dash unit on stand by while you are fishing then when you get ready to run just click it on. If you look closely when the camera shot is from back of boat the dash unit is on stand by on most pros boat.

FishingwithRusty

if youre running and gunning, wasting the time to put your units on stand by is just that.....a waste of time. if youve got a long run then maybe. i wil pause my hydrowave just cause i dont like to hear it out of the water. other wise your runs and stops arent usually that long and youre fishing specific targets and off again. if youre really rigging the bow of your boat for this style of fishing then you should look at mounting your trolling motor down the mid line of the boat(look at gamblers), this allows the pull cord to lay in the center of the deck which make for much more efficient running and gunning.