Tourney #2?

Carl

No chance of Riverpark. Wanting to practice this coming weekend. Any idea if its going to be Nickajack or Chick?

silvertalon

Common interest here. Guy's want to plan their pre-fishing etc. Chick is going down to very low winter pool- 675.40 by Sat AM. That's axle ripping low at CFP. I'm guessing that the output at the dam will really slow down over the weekend depending on rain so it may come up a little after that. Don't know if riverpark ramp will open without the dock there. That's all I know. Wait and see. Tough time of the year to plan.

porthos33

They said once river park is able to open, it will be another 2-3 weeks before it will be open b/c they have to repair it.

jb366

I'm thinking they're going to have to reduce flow quite a bit by Thursday/Friday or chick and watts bar will be below winter pool. I know they're still bringing down the upland lakes but best I recall those dams don't have much volume for discharge so it shouldn't take 100k plus flow on watts bar and chick to get rid of it.
Probably missing factors and thinking wishfully cause I sure miss fishing my main lake spots

sdfd29

I saw a reporter talking to a TVA representative, He said that 3.9 trillion cubic feet of excess water was stored above Chattanooga as of yesterday. I think that will take awhile to handle with the additional rainfall that we are forecast to receive.

Dropshot

Staff member
Carl - 3/4/2019 4:01 PM No chance of Riverpark. Wanting to practice this coming weekend. Any idea if its going to be Nickajack or Chick?
</p>

</p>

As of this second, we are looking at staying on Nickajack. Sullivans is our next choice after the Riverpark (which is out).</p>

bronzeback45

Yes, don't change lakes, just ramps? Except, the August day and the May @ night, LOL... emoBigsmile

Dropshot

Staff member
Right now, we are hoping to utilize Sullivans. If it is not fishable, we will move it down to Serodino or Shellmound.

Justfishin

Watermelonred - 3/8/2019 11:40 AM

High school state tournament at nickajack Saturday the 9h. Just a heads up

We will be down there the 16th thanks for the heads up. It’s good to find out if anything in going on when we are there

toddmcc78

Went to Sullivans today. ramp is good to go just a lot of debris floating around.

SHane

But what about road coming from Haletown? TDOT said having trouble keeping road open. Down to one lane. May have to go to Tiftonia and back down on Marion County side. I think they should move on down to Serindino or Shellmound.

billyc

Why doesn't any one use ramp at raccoon Mt. It's blocked from current , has plenty of parking , and is patrolled so you don't get your car stripped. Sounds like few folks practiced fished and came up empty so we decided to move tournament to lower end so we can all pile up with Asher's tournament and fish on top of one another.

elwestb

I was at Serindino Saturday and it was fine. But please take I 24 to Hale Town exit and do not go down hwy 41. It is a mess from the heavy rains. The hwy is washed out in several places and two or three places is one lane only.

FirstLight

billyc - 3/13/2019 9:17 PM

Why doesn't any one use ramp at raccoon Mt. It's blocked from current , has plenty of parking , and is patrolled so you don't get your car stripped. Sounds like few folks practiced fished and came up empty so we decided to move tournament to lower end so we can all pile up with Asher's tournament and fish on top of one another.

I couldn’t agree more. I use that ramp all the time in the fall and it is a great ramp. Plus they fixed all the lights. Damn good point Billy