Bass Pro

VolsFan24

Bass Pro is having some good deals going on through March 3 I believe. Got their Pro Qualifier 2 reel for $50 and Booyah spinnerbaits for $2. Other stuff on sale. Not sure if Cabela's has the same thing going on or not.

porthos33

Yeah I was going to get the pro qualifier but i noticed its a 69 dollar pro qualifier and I thought they were always 99

bowehntr

The 50 dollar reels are the ones with blue in them that are in the dump bins 50% off normaly 99.99 we have 6.8.1 and 7.5.1

porthos33

porthos33 - 2/16/2019 2:45 AM Yeah I was going to get the pro qualifier but i noticed its a 69 dollar pro qualifier and I thought they were always 99
Well I guess it is the 99 dollar one. They changed there website and took that marked out 69 price off the website. So I guess I'll run and grab one

VolsFan24

I've never used one of the reels, but I've read good things about them, and at $50 why not. I forgot all about the tackle boxes. I think the 3700 were like $3. I didn't get any.

porthos33

VolsFan24 - 2/16/2019 6:34 PM I've never used one of the reels, but I've read good things about them, and at $50 why not. I forgot all about the tackle boxes. I think the 3700 were like $3. I didn't get any.
I just left with two of them. I gotta say I've always liked my older pro qualifier. They have centrifical brakes which is so important to me for casting into the wind. I'll put it this way, you can get the black max for 49 with just magnetic braking, the lews american hero for 59 with magnetic brakes, or this with dual braking for the same price right now as the black max. No brainer, and the pro qualifier is very similar to the lews TX mb which is like 139 now.

TightlineT

I love my old pro qualifiers. I've heard the 2's are not as good as the old ones but I don't know. At 50 bucks I don't see how you could go wrong though.

Jmax

I like Bass Pro so don't take this wrong. One of our past Sponsors, not sure if they still are, was Piscifun. They gave us some new reels for a Big Bass of the month there for a while. I won one of them. I was very impressed with the reel I won. It works today as good as the day I won it and that is great. If you were to go on their web sight or Amazon they are almost always having some kind of sale on them. My better half asked me what I wanted for Valentines Day and I saw a perfect opportunity to grab a couple more. They had the Phantom on sale and after the discount were fifty bucks each. emoThumbsup Eight barring reels with better barring systems then most reels out there. They compare this one to the Garcia Revo but they are a lot less expensive. Thought I would just throw another option out there. emoGeezer Jmax

Happy Valentines Day to me!!!!!

Attachments

• Picture0220190929_1 (Copy).jpg
    Picture0220190929_1 (Copy).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 232

VolsFan24

Thanks. May get one of them too! I DEFINATELY don't need it.

FirstLight

porthos33 - 2/16/2019 8:22 PM

VolsFan24 - 2/16/2019 6:34 PM I've never used one of the reels, but I've read good things about them, and at $50 why not. I forgot all about the tackle boxes. I think the 3700 were like $3. I didn't get any.
I just left with two of them.  I gotta say I've always liked my older pro qualifier. They have centrifical brakes which is so important to me for casting into the wind.  I'll put it this way, you can get the black max for 49 with just magnetic braking, the lews american hero for 59 with magnetic brakes, or this with dual braking for the same price right now as the black max. No brainer, and the pro qualifier is very similar to the lews TX mb which is like 139 now.

Performance is similar to the MB's? Those are my go to reel for most applications. I might have to pick one of the qualifiers up if that's the case....

porthos33

FirstLight - 2/20/2019 4:53 PM
porthos33 - 2/16/2019 8:22 PM
I just left with two of them. I gotta say I've always liked my older pro qualifier. They have centrifical brakes which is so important to me for casting into the wind. I'll put it this way, you can get the black max for 49 with just magnetic braking, the lews american hero for 59 with magnetic brakes, or this with dual braking for the same price right now as the black max. No brainer, and the pro qualifier is very similar to the lews TX mb which is like 139 now.
Performance is similar to the MB's? Those are my go to reel for most applications. I might have to pick one of the qualifiers up if that's the case....
The MB's are my all time favorite for sure and you can find deals if you search long enough. I didn't need more reels but i just couldn't resist. Like Jmax said, I've heard the piscifun stuff is good. Kastking is very similar. The speed demon they sell for around 50 bucks is 9:3 1 and its the only reel I can cast an entire spool of pline 12lb cxx.(good conditions of course) The only downside so far is that it is bulky in the hand and thats why i use it on the ledges instead of pitching and flipping with it. The kastking stealth is very light and kinda ugly at 6 oz but the brakes are kinda finicky compared to a lews and it feels kinda cheap. If I was a guy who never bought reels over 70 bucks new, the pro qualifier is great and it's resell on ebay would probably be what you payed for it if its still in good shape after using it.. I still love my lews mb's over everything. I haven't got to try the shimano curado k. That reel intrigues me but I hate paying that much!

fishnboy

I picked up a new trolling motor and a Garmin plus 93sv. I thought it was a good deal for the Garmin but not the best deal on the trolling come to find out. Never looked at any baits but yeah sounds like they have some really good deals going on.

cbpbullet

fishnboy - 2/20/2019 8:09 PM

I picked up a new trolling motor and a Garmin plus 93sv. I thought it was a good deal for the Garmin but not the best deal on the trolling come to find out. Never looked at any baits but yeah sounds like they have some really good deals going on.
How much was the garmin?