CFF Takeoff

SHane

In reference to sunrise time, what is “safelight”? And what time do we need to be at the boat ramp to get everything else done?

elwestb

I would tell you to get there early. Registration takes a while. Blast off at "safe light" varies. it depends on light conditions and water conditions. Every Tx. can and usually is a little different! Registration ends 15 minutes before blast off.

canoe fisherman

Just plan on being there and having boat in the water ready to go by sunrise time.

canoe fisherman

I meant to say 30 minutes before sunrise. I will probably be at the ramp and in the water by 530 am, of course it is suppose to be cloudy and slight drizzle of rain so starlight will be later than normal.

Jmax

I will tell you from experience that the CFF is somewhat I little different in that CFF safe light is about 15 minutes past real safe light. emoBigsmile If safe light is about 6:00 (30 minutes before sunup)and sunup is about 6:30. You can pretty much conclude that blast off will start about 6:15 to 6:30. Tried for years to get that started earlier and finally just gave up. The CFF has never been one to get started too early. The few times in it's history it did got pushback afterwards. I will add to this it is a safer go when blasting off with the CFF bunch. If you are trying to beat another tournament to a spot fishing the CFF you might want to consider fishing the other tournament. emoTongue Jmax

FishingwithRusty

technically "safelight" EMNT(early morning nautical twilight)" is typically 30mins(on a clear morning) PRIOR to official sunrise and is usually identified as being able to see clearly across the water. always better to be early than late, there's enough stress associated with tournament fishing, dragging around and being late in the morning just adds to it, not only for you but for the tournament officials and the other fisherman who usually end up having to wait on the late comers..........

Dropshot

Staff member
Please, please, please. I cannot reiterate it enough. We shutdown blastoff what we deem to be 15 minutes before blastoff so we can get in the water. etc. Much better to be early than late.

Chick68

How about drawing numbers ( LIKE THE CBA ) ?? This who be a much better system in my eyes...Instead having of to get there 2 HOURS before blastoff !!

silvertalon

Chick68 - 2/11/2019 9:05 PM

How about drawing numbers ( LIKE THE CBA ) ?? This who be a much better system in my eyes...Instead having of to get there 2 HOURS before blastoff !!
That should be considered...

canoe fisherman

I just want to say the committee does a great job, I for one am not worried about a few minutes of when I think we should be blasting off. Everyone will usually pass me anyway in my slower boat...

elwestb

You get your blast off number when you sign up. If you want to get there early or not, that is your decision. This was started to try to encourage angles to arrive early so everything would not be so crowded. The reasoning was simple. We started having a large amount of the anglers showing up within the last 15 minutes and just before blast off. They jump out of a vehicle and throw their entry fee down, ask what number they are and launch their boat. So they are ready to go! And this of course backs up the ramp as you can imagine. Then the Tx. Committee members doing the registration has to hold up the blast off because of the late entries. And then the Committee members themselves are trying to shut down registration and trying to launch and get into the water. It causes everyone to be late! So we have a shut off 15 minutes before blast off to give them time to get in the water also.

Volfish

Re: CFF Takeoffm

I appreciate what you guys do and will go along without complaining. Please understand whatever you do, someone will bitch, but of course that is what you guys get paid the big money for.

Jmax

Re: CFF Takeoffm

Volfish - 2/12/2019 5:56 PM

I appreciate what you guys do and will go along without complaining. Please understand whatever you do, someone will bitch, but of course that is what you guys get paid the big money for.

emoUpsmile "Big Money!!!" Thanks for the laugh! emoLaugh Jmax